Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

OCC - A "Calm" COLOR Challenge

It's Saturday! Time for the OCC Challenge! This week, it's a Color Challenge: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue! Check out the OCC Blog for lots of goodies up for grabs this week and all the details of how you can enter to win. So please join us and Go Get Inky! For a close up view on the OCC's projects for this week please visit the OCC Ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Lori Boyd, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.



I was so tickled with my mini-brayer technique (read my last post if you have no idea what I am talking about) that I had to to do it again! Look how neat my brayering is on ONLY the raised portions. I love my "itty bitty ohhh soooo easy to control" brayer! So I'll give you the quickie points on this card ... I cut a piece of white copy paper to 3 3/4" x5" for my base, then I adhered the three colors of paper strips. So the colors were all combined together before I ran it through the cuttlebug, as I wanted the embossed designs to match up with each color. I used copy paper so it would not add too much weight and would still emboss nicely. It worked. Then I used my new friend the baby brayer to roll on White Craft ink.... gently rolling back and forth, coating the raised portions with white ink. There are are few tiny smudge marks of white, mainly around the edges... but all in all, a pretty smooth job, if I say so myself. I outlined the Nestie Frame while my image was still snug inside for my black inner frame, then added some little pink polka dots for detail. I added one thin hand trimmed layer of black to my nestie edge, it needed a little more of an edge to help pop it off the colored background. I glazed my tub with some Crystal Lacquer for shine. Added some Spica Sparkle to the flowers and grey portions of the tub, finished with two little triple loop bows in the complimenting colors. Completed card is an A2.

20 comments:

  1. You boggle my mind. So many steps, and always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's a stunner. Great job with the color challenge and what a great idea with the three panels and the Cuttlebug folder. And it's the perfect folder to go with the tub. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Jenny!

    About the baby brayer... I got this same brayer about a month ago and love it! Darn near hug and kiss it every night before I go to bed. My 8 yo DD comes to my desk and grabs it just to brayer everything in sight - wall, desk, hands, face, my back (love that!!) - I'm on your party wagon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Jenny - thanks for the mini brayer tutorial!! It really looks great and gives a very effective look to the card! An unusual but lovely colour combo!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny this is gorgeous, awesome job. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Looks like i need to find a baby brayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very creative and gorgeous card! I've been using my baby brayer to stick my card-stock to my cricut mat! I better get back to using it for stamping! lol
    Wonderful details to your frame too, love those details!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jenny! LOVE the fun panels behind the main image and I LOVE the gorgeous detail on your image!

    Have fun with your NEW toys!! Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must be lacking in imagination totally. Never would I have thought about using 3 different color panels put through one Cuttlebug folder and then brayered together! So fabulous!

    Now, my next question is: will you put all your blogs together in one big book with spiral binding so I can have a permanent reference??? You have the best ideas that I refer to over and over again, yet I haven't found a good way to print out the blogs without spending a fortune on ink cartridges. I am sure spiral bound books MUST be cheaper. You always have wanted to publish a book(s) -- right???

    Thanks so much for all your sharing -- always fun and wonderful.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Jenny, this card is absolutely stunning!!! Love this great idea of putting three different colors together and yet make them look like they are one piece. Genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!!!! What a clever idea with the different colored CB BG - you rock GF!!! I love everything about this awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card...I am ms smudge queen with craft ink, but I might have to give this a try! I am lovin' that edging and borders you are making with your nesties! I am going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful background! Looks like tons of work but it is simple as you described. Love the tub too! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is beautiful and thanks for the great tips. I think I once bought this baby brayer too, and have never used it. I'm off to go and look for it~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Card jenny!!! Your coloring is Great!!! Smart design!! Love how you added the crystal lacquer to the tub!!! I might need to get a baby brayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny! Your creations are always so elegant looking! This one is another example of a gorgeous creation! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My, my, you have been a busy girl and so very clever. This is a great card and love all the added embellishments. That is one of my favorite Cuttlebug folders, I love argyle, adding the white ink really makes the design pop. Wonderful card, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This color combo is gorgeous! Love the tri colored bg with the embossing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card and of course I am going to get one of those brayers!!!

    ReplyDelete