Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday! Monday! - Hot Stuff!

Ahhhhaaa.... You thought I forgot about about the MONDAY post didn't you! Well... I did not! Each Monday I am going to have a FUN card to post to take the bite out of Monday and going back to the work! So I asked for suggestions to name the regular posting of the Monday card... I got good suggestions! Really good stuff- you all had me laughing! I picked Sheri....
----------------------------------
----------------------------------
I liked Sherri's "Funday Monday" -- But when I said "Monday Monday" out loud --- It sounded like Mayday! Mayday! -- and well-- that sometimes is just what I feel like saying some Monday Mornings! So it stuck! I'm going with Monday! Monday! for the title. Sherri -- Please email me at jennygropp@comcast.net-- so I can get some goodies out to you! Now on to my card -- This is a "wake you up with color" kinda card!
Of course Sprinkle is "Hot Stuff" -- She knows it too! But she must not know it's Monday - as she is still having her Fun in the Sun, with drink in hand! This card was inspired by Sharon's Friday Challenge from last week Stamp Simply #85 - Let the Sun Shine - USE YELLOW! I immediately reached for this fun very YELLOW Rick Rack in my stash! I drew the waves with a Micron pen -- I know they are kinda goofy looking waves. I colored the whole image and did the waves last, so I wasn't ditching it and starting over! I used a circle punch to create the mask for the sun, just outlining it with black. I airbrushed with Copics for the sky and the "Hot Stuff" label. I fussed up my Nestie edges with all my little dots and doodles. A little Cuttlebug action in the background, the inspirational Gigantic Yellow Rick Rack and a little double silk bow to finish it off. Completed card is an A2. Happy Monday!! Get to Work!

16 comments:

  1. This card is burning up Jenny it's so hot - love it!! What a great image and you've used such an awesome colour combo - it's sure to take away any Monday morning blues!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday! Monday! I like it!!

    Cute card too. I love the ric rac coming down the side and all the fun colors! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did fuss it up, and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday! Monday! was a perfect choice! FUNNY :) The card is oh so much FUN - love the bight yellow ric rac - you made it work so nicely in the design with all the other yellow PP and that orange/yellow dotted PP that match so great with Sprinkle floating toy :)... Sprinkle looks amazing and i wish I was right there with her! :) -great waves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun in the sun this cat is having!! Its dreary here, so its just perfect! And that bow!! Its tied to perfection! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Jenny! I love the giant rick-rack, and all the fun colors!! I wish I were Sprinkle right now on that floatie!!! Wonder what she's drinkin'?! Probably a meow-tini! LOL! I crack myself up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so adorable, Jenny! I love the colors, and your new title for you Monday posts! As soon as I read it The song she was talking about popped into my head...it is still there! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, you're stuff is soooo amazing! I almost hate to look at it because I know I'll want to buy every stamp you use! =)

    I'm really enjoying your cards with the cat. I really think I'll have to get some.

    And I'm looking at buying some copics....so maybe I can look at your stuff to practice by.

    I'm a bit confused by where to start with Copics. Should I get set A? Are they labeled in the order one should buy them???

    I don't plan on getting into airbrush right away...so should I start with Ciao?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have been hard pressed to come up with how to use that yellow ric rac...but you nailed it. I love the colors on thisd card...so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you remember the Mama's and the Papa's or are you like my grandkids who says "who's that, wow, you'e really old"! (ha, ha) Monday, Monday is great and definitely makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card made me smile...I feel like it's July looking at it. I love the waves. I was hoping it was a stamp so I could buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so bright and beautiful! I love this darling image and check out that fabulously purrfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun, vibrant colors and LOVE that huge ric rac and your gorgeous bow!!! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been patiently waiting for the Monday theme name. Now I can cross that one off my "worry list" and go on to the next one! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours and the colouring! The ric-rac is like the ocean waves too! Super cute and vibrant card.
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete