Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Miss You Flowers!

OK-- It's Day 2 of Stamps and Smiles Release week! Head to the Stamps and Smiles Blog for fun info on challenges and how to win the previewed set for today and the whole release of FIVE sets! My card for today is pretty straight forward so I'll share just a few details.... I used the two clear flowers stamps in the set with the little planter pot -- the great thing about using clear sets, especially flowers or words-- you can mold them to a different shape on your acrylic block -- so your flowers all look different, with stems pointing in different directions. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to create the little holes in the scalloped edges. Also, check out my little bow! I am so loving this silk ribbon from Sharon's Ribbon Store! Come back Tuesday night for my post on how I make these little bows! Tease, Tease!

This set is packed full of little fun elements to build all sorts of cards, check out the great samples from the talented DT --Cindy Haffner - Crystal Birr - Julie Lacey -Vivienne Holden - Lori Boyd - Mercy Kerin - Jennifer Meyer - Suzy Tyler - Pam Varnell and the Guest Designers Jenn McMillan - Frances Byrne - Linsey Rickett! It's kind of fun to see the same set used and have such different results depending on layouts and colors and stamp choices! Check 'em out!

16 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Jenny, just love it!!! GREAT lacy type scalloped trim around your focal image!!! Another beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Jenny - I love how you made every single flower look different in that pot - great work! Nice ribbon treatment too - will be sure to pop back later, you tease!!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh! I haven't been blog hopping for a couple weeks, and did I miss alot! Your cards are just beautiful!! Each and every one of them is so different and eye catching! I adore your Mother's Day card in the blues and browns...and the balloon card...wow! Thank you so much for sharing, and I will be back again tomorrow! lol
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. evette k. ciampoMay 5, 2009 at 8:05 AM

    These are just the cutest stamps. Love your flowers/colors. Yes that ribbon has had my eye for some time now and may just have to order some soon! Ty for sharing your design, which I am going to case for sure, and helping us lesser stampers in making card decisions without straining our brains....lol lol. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful, love the ribbon accents and your flowers are perfect. Great idea to bend the stems to get different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on this card! Dramatic and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being Jennifer's Guest Designer!!! Your card is super duper cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this. Love the ribbon strips and love those little flowers!! can't wait for tying bows tut!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jenny! I LOVE all of the pretty ribbon and how you added your flowers in the pots!!

    Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a fun card, Jenny! Love the double bow, and the rhinestones in your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jenny...this is spectacular! i absolutely love the way you've used this set! your card is so beautiful and elegant!

    thanks for such a fantabulous sample!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw these marvelous bows over on Sharon's blog. How wonderful of you to offer us a chance to win one of these clever little gadgets!
    My comment about ribbon: I never met a ribbon I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card almost blew me away Jenny. It is darling. Love all the flowers and your colors are amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so stylish and the colours are so rich. It's just beautiful Jenny.
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete