Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Wishing everyone a very Happy and Safe Memorial Day! I hope you all had a great relaxing and fun weekend! I had a nice and quiet weekend, but it was back to work for me today. Which was OK by me, as I think I only got two phone calls all day -- which is a nice break, and I could zip through work with out the constant interruption of the phone. This is a quickie little card for today. I wanted to do a patriotic card for today's post, and I thought about this Impression Obsession stamp since it had stars Incorporated in the image. Unfortunately when I coated the cake with Crystal Lacquer it made the red look way darker in the picture than it is in real life. So just imagine that my reds match up perfectly! And there are also silver dots on the cake-- you can't see those either! I think I have had this chain in my stash for at least five years, at least! I love it when I use something like that.... kind of justifies my hoarding of craft supplies! Doesn't it???
  • Stamps: Impression Obsession Clear Set #CL203 Birthday Cakes
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red
  • Paper: Blue Polka Dots by Bo Bunny, Red Polka Dots by SU, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Riding Hood Red
  • Other: White Rainbow Tape, Red Silk Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, White Adhesive Dots, Silver Adhesive Stars, Blue, Spellbinders Labels Four, Silver Chain by Magic Scraps, Red Brad, Eyelets, Red Crystals, Silver Metallic Pen, Crystal Lacquer

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of adding chain. Now I have to raid my beading supplies!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, This card rocks your socks off! Woohoo! Gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combo polka dot papers and the star cake is perfect for the occasion. Great idea for the chain too! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, Jenny!!! What a fabulous card! I love all of the detail you've incorporated here. The chain is the perfect touch for that tag. Oh, and don't let me forget that awesome bow, out of this world. Can't wait to get my Bow Easy so I can try to make some of these gorgeous bows ;D.
    Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Red, White, and Blue is this good for Memorial Day, what in the world will you come up with for July 4th???
    I just used red flourishes with tiny blue stars for fireworks on my July calendar card along with the Doggone dog with top hat in red, white and blue glitz. Can you "top" that??? LOL......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love all the DP and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME card, Jenny!! Love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, Jenny! This card is GORGEOUS!!! I seriously love it---sooo glad you're on the IO team!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is just over the top cute! I might have to look at this card a dozen times to see all the fun things you added! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Jenny, I love what you did with your dies, the DP, and let's face it, the whole card! Love your detail!!

    ReplyDelete