Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Father's Day Fishing Lure

Happy Friday!! Sorry I have been absent this week, it's been busy! I have still been playing with Basic Grey's "Granola" Collection. Loving these masculine papers and colors. Sandy -- No pink to be seen in this collection! So I thought it would be perfect to use for some Father's Day cards. My card is pretty straight forward.... a couple of quickie points that I'll share...
  1. I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder to emboss the polka dots, then I used my paper piercer to poke a hole in each embossed dot -- kind of a different look for a background.
  2. I used my Nestie as a template and traced the outside and inside edges of the die on my paper. Then, I just used Copics to create the layers of color, the final result was just hand trimmed with scissors. I roughed up the edges just a bit with a nail file just to hide my imperfect cutting.
  3. Since it is a fishing card it definitely called for a little "wet" look. I added Crystal Lacquer to the center of the Lure in kind of a blob, then used a toothpick to fan it outward here and there over the stringy edges of the lure image. Also -- if you look closely over and under the sentiment on the kraft paper -- I used a clear glaze pen to add some little dots -- when they dry they look like little water drops. You may need to enlarge the pic to see this -- but I liked the way that turned out.
  • Stamps: Lure image by Serendipity Stamps from Set# 073HCl "Angler", "Happy Father's Day" #503C by Savvy Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Basic Grey "Granola" 6x6 Collection, Blue, Kraft, Cream, Grey
  • Other: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Paper Piercer, Copics/ABS, Hemp Twine, Crystal Lacquer, Buttons by Basic Grey, Clear Glaze Pen, White Gel Pen

10 comments:

  1. Jeez, you never ceased to amaze me with all the clever ideas you come up with! Are you sure you shouldn't be an engineer working on a Mars landing vehicle? You have such great "out-of-the-box" thinking! Love that! Loved this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Jenny!!! This card is absolutely stunning. You blow me away with all of the details you put in your cards. Thank you so very much for sharing your creativity and talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Jenny! Great papers and colours and your added details are just fab! Makes for a great Father's Day card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you manage to make a fishing lure look pretty??? Your talent is astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very appealing card - and would work for the *fisherwomen* in our family!!!! I love the matching button treatment as well as the horizontal layers of paper! And the colors, and the lure, and the, and the..

    Overall, I think this is a very, very sophisticated looking card. Something I definitely have learned from! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card--love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool lure and love the granola paper with it. buttons look great! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great masculine card. I love how you tie so many individual elements into a masterpiece. Love these colors, especially the absence of pink!! Great job, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfect and before I did the close up I actually thought you had added some trimmed thread to the lure! I love the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design Jenny!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete