Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Bunch of Balloons!

So -- this week is going to packed full of fun things--The long promised "Bow Secret" is in the works for Tuesday night's posting! This week I am also going to be a Guest DT member for a new stamp line Stamps and Smiles' May release! Each day I'll be showing off stamps from Jennifer Meyer's FIVE new Stamp Sets! On the Stamps and Smiles Blog they have a full week of challenges, giveaways and their first Blog Hop, which will start Friday, May 8th at 9 pm central. The NEW release will be available right after the Blog Hop!!

Today's set is called "Carl the Cupcake" - I figured most people would be using the main Cupcake image with his fun birthday accessory stamps -- so I thought I would be a little different! Cause you know I just gotta be different! I love paper piecing and that's just what I did to create this fun bunch of balloons. Basic Grey's Offbeat Paper Collection remains on my desk -- the designs are just fun and uses colors I normally would not pair up together -- so a little push to make me step outside of my normal colors is always good! I used my Spellbinder's Labels One turned on point for my design pieces, airbrushing just a little blue and some little orange dotties around the edges. I attached some embroidery floss to each balloon then put it though an eyelet (Ummmm --yes -- putting them all through the eyelet was tedious--but I was determined!) and let the strings hang out the bottom. A fun and easy Thank You card finished off with a little silk orange bow!

  • Stamps: All Stamps are by Stamps and Smiles
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Baja Blue, Chocolate Chip, White, All DP by Basic Grey "Offbeat" Collection
  • Other: Brown Embroidery Floss, Silk 1/2 Ribbon, White Rainbow Tape, Orange Fine Tip Pen, Eyelet, Copic ABS

13 comments:

  1. I love that you have to be "different." The card is so pretty and it shows a way to use the stamp set in a different way. Glad you're back from your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jenny! The papers are really great and I love how you pieced all these balloons!! A really fun card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous design Jenny, love the way you used the two dies and hid where they adjoin with the bow, a wonderful balloon bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather have a bunch of balloons than a cupcake!! So, I love your card and the paper is perfect with it. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun Jenny, love what you did, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny! CUTE! I love all the balloons and the fun colors. Congrats on the GDT!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. jenny....this is perfection! i love the dp balloons and the label bg panel...amazing job!

    welcome to the DT this month...we are so glad to have you!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, what a clever card. Love all the pieced balloons, that is great DP. Wonderful card, congrats on the Guest Design Team spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a nice "adult" card...now let me clairfy that ...LOL I mean it is not your typical red, yellow and blue primary color type balloon card. This would actually be a great "man" card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and charming bouquet of balloons!!! Totally FUN card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is one creative piece of art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this card. That balloon bouquet is darling. Love your color choices. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an inspired use of the ballooons! The paper piecing is amamzing and the colours are like caramel cream.Scrummy!!
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete