Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Awww. Cute Changito!

Just a cute quickie featuring little Changito for today. Not much to to talk about here... Copics to color, a little soft air brushing, my usual doodles. I cut a slit in the nestie panel to slide the band of paper through, then used the buttons to cover up my cut mark. Instead of stitching each button to the paper, (I am not one to pull out the needle unless I have to.) I threaded all three buttons on to a little jute string, then glued the "string of buttons" down to the paper. I totally cheat where I can! Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Stampendous
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, All DP by Basic Grey "Granola" Collection, Brown
  • Other: Basic Grey Buttons, Copics /ABS, Cuttlebug Embossing Strip (on the band), Jute String, Blue Fine tip pen, White Gel Pen, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles

12 comments:

  1. I just love Changito but haven't splurged on any stamps!! This is the cutest image and the sentiment is adorable! Great colours, paper and embellishments (love the button cheat too)!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* Great job on the cheating--cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this stamp and I love your "button sewing idea"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! Love the stamp and that paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card. I love that image and your papers are great with it. Great tip on the buttons....thanks. This is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow, Jenny!!!!! THis is such a cool card!! I love every about this one. Love the faux stitching around the center piece. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you covered the slit with buttons. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a darling image Jenny! Great card with all the doo-dahs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. evette k. ciampoMay 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM

    Have some of these stamps and LOVE them. My middle son who is 32 years young and loves monkies. Need this stamps so much as my son did that to me growing up! Love the colors and just the way you assembled your card. Another great Jenny card!!!! God bless u. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea, Granola paper! Great accent to the image. Love the airbrushing too. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this is cute! Not much for the Changito stamps but you have made this little guy into an adorable card. Great card for a guy! Very clever to run the band thru the Nestie panel. I am just picking up all sorts of great tips from you today! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete