Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sharon says "Pipe it"

Well, it's my last play date as Sharon's Guest Stamper --- BIG THANKS to Sharon and the gals! I loved playing along side you talented ladies this month! All of you inspire with your creativity and it was FUN to be your guest!

I had no idea what Piping was when I saw the Challenge!
Most crafters have a sewing background and do know.
Here is Sharon's explanation for the Challenge:

Piping is a sewing term and I can't think of a comparable stamping term to explain what I mean. In sewing, piping is a piece of covered cording used to visually separate (but actually join) two patterns or two pieces of fabric. Think of a darling little girls dress with piping separating the bodice from the gathered skirt, or a much heavier type of piping on upholstered furniture. What I'm looking for today is that narrow strip of paper to separate 2 other pieces of paper. Head to Sharon's blog for more!

Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge
today on the blogs of these totally creative designers:
So here's my "Piped" Challenge card. I used lots of little paper strips to divide patterns. I love doing this! I have been playing with Basic Grey's Offbeat Paper Collection, and this paper screams use some TCP stamps on me! It's retro and fun and a perfect fit to TCP's great images. Sprinkle's TV background looks a little dark... it's the picture! I covered the screen with Crystal Lacquer and it enhanced the color in the pic... as it was not dry yet! Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Images by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All DP by Basic Grey "Offbeat", Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: White Gel Pen, Crystal Lacquer, White Rainbow Tape, Blue Satin Ribbon, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Pearls, Large Scallop Scissors, Yellow Oval Eyelets, Green Micron Pen

17 comments:

  1. Jenny, never heard of piping but now that i know it is a pretty neat idea; you did an eye catching job on this card; the colors and all the elements; the blue ribbon accent is FABULOUS, especially how you used it with the sentiment and those eyelets that match that PP so perfectly!!! You are so right, that PP plays excellent with the retro look of the old TV! All of it makes for a GREAT card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! What a fun mix of papers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Jenny - it is so fun!!! Love all your little strips of separation and your ribbon treatment is so fun!!! GREAT card!!!! And it was so much fun to have you this month and get to know you better -- thank YOU so much!!! But you can keep playing with us - LOL!!! You know where we are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Jenny, love the stamp and DP you've choosen for this one.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Jenny!! I love that sentiment and the cat!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm following The Buck Stops Here blog....which linked to your AMAZING card! I so LOVE this card. Your use of piping is GORGEOUS! Wow I love this card....can't say enough. Love the colors, the prints, the stamp, the look and feel....
    Beautiful.
    Makes my blog seem a bit....plain! =) http://stampingwithprincess.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! What is new Pussycat? Very fun card and I love your colors. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been having fun with Offbeat too! Love TCP stamps with this paper. Great job as usual. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is too cute! Love that little putty tat looking at you! ;-) The layout of this card is just too fun! Gosh-- April FLEW by!!!! (sniffle, sniffle) I'll still keep coming by though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, that's cute! Yes, the Offbeat paper is a perfect pairing with the retro-TV and I love your piping accents between all the different patterns! Your work is just fabulous, Jenny! It's been a pleasure to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is way too fun Jenny, love both your ribbon treatment! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW ... how cute is this! Great job on the piping ... cute, cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable!! I love the layout!! You inspire me so much!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very awesome card Miss Jenny!
    Luv the colors and the "piping"!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete