Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

OCC Color Challenge - Golden Soul Kiss

It's Saturday, and that means it's time for the OCC Challenge. Today Silke asks us to use our favorite colors. I love browns. I know, drab and boring to most. But, they are my colors! Before Copics I did a lot of Browns! And Black and Gold -- Well, you can never go wrong throwing those in the mix. This card is a little "out there" isn't it? I started working on it and kept taking breaks from it doing some other chores -- every time I passed the desk I would add something. Maybe a little too much?!!? It is 10"x4.5"... I knew I wanted to make a big card, so I found my largest envelope and created it to fit in that. I air bushed and doodled a bit and colored with Copics. I accented with all sorts of doo-dads and ribbon tabs. One thing I wanted to point out -- The first layer is out of striped paper, I wanted the stripes on all sides, so I turned and did a second mat for the other sides, creating the checkerboard type mat. Click on the pic to enlarge. Hey, go grab some stamps and your favorite color paper and play along with the OCC today!



Check out the creations from the OCC ladies on their blogs! -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and Joycelyn Turner.


Our Creative Corner would like to welcome our guest designer Julia Betemps from Little Paper Shop. Julia is generously giving two stamp sets: Butterflies and Beautiful Things away for this weeks prize, Head to the OCC for details on how to win!






  • Stamps: Stampington and Co. Fairytale Couture Stamp Line by Sandra Evertson
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All DP by Graphic 45, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black, Gold
  • Other: Black Rainbow Tape, Misc. Black and Gold Ribbon, Black Ribbon, Tassel, Black Pearls, Gold Metal Accents, Flower by Prima

20 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and rich and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this certainly is a work of art! I can't believe all the embellishments you were able to get on there. Love the color combination, so rich and sophisticated. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous, Jenny! I love all the little details and embellishments (and no, it's not too much) - so elegant and enchanting. Beautiful! Oh - and browns aren't boring (especially with gold and black) - just rich and sophisticated like Sandy said...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Smokes - Jenny - this is the most gorgeous card ever!!! Absoltuly amazing!!!! You rock GF!!!

    Have a fab day - I'm off to do some shopping this morning :)!!!
    Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color job!! You paired the image with the right paper. But, isn't it Graphic 45, not Basic Grey? Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is gorgeous Jenny!! I also don't find brown to be drab at all. I go through color phases and I can tell you that using browns is definitely a phase that lasts the longest for me. I love vintage and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny that couture stamp is totally outrageous!!! I absolutely love it. This is a magnificent card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny love your rich colors, super job. Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a total fan of browns and your card is AMAZING!!!!! It is so rich and elegant and I LOVE it.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhh Jenny - you finally did it - after how many years of blogs??? I must be the only one in the world who hates brown (especially brown), black and gold!
    I have to give you great credit for all the doodads, bling, and well thought-out design, but this is the first card you've ever made that I don't like. I'm really in trouble now.... Just rest assured I'll still keep visiting 2 or 3 times a day, every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, black and gold always make dramatic and elegant cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool card!! I love the colors and the gold and black accents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So rich and elegant!! Love the warm colors with black and gold!!! Spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Jenny, what an interesting image and your design is stunning!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is stunning! I am a vintage lover and your card is pure eye candy to me. I loe that DSP and the image is perfect for it. I especially love the way you arranged the striped paper. It gives it more interest. Great job - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it - it is not too much at all! Love the tassels. Some people say less is more but I say MORE is MORE! I can't think of one thing that you could have left off the card, it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, you did my stamp good! I hope you don't mind if I sort of copy it. Of course, I cannot do all that fancy airbrushing and stuff, but I love the colors you used.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Jenny!! This is stunning! I just love the vintage feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally intrigued with this card -- that stamped image is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete