Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

a MONDAY card!

I know... my humor is soooo warped! Well... I originally made this card for the OCC Sketch Challenge this past Saturday. I loved Silke's sketch that she gave us to work with. I had this card all made and ready to go.... then I went to upload my card -- of course last minute, and saw every one else had done these sweet and pretty cards... definitely more appropriate for Easter Weekend. So I said to myself, this card is going to really be out of place! So I decided to change it-- obviously as you can can see the more subdued and softer card I ended up posting Saturday! So I make another card.... and get ready to go switch my upload.... well I had no Internet! Nada! We had storms roll thru and it took out the cable, phone and Internet...ahhh the joys of bundled product! So there I am am dwelling on my fire hydrant card going live amongst all the "pretties" from the other OCC Ladies -- and not a thing I can do. Finally around 2:oo AM I had Internet back, so with three hours to go from posting... I made the SWITCH! That's the story! Hmmmm... the card kind of fits, actually! What... you want to know about the card and not my troubled Friday night??? OK, here goes...
This totally fun set is from There She Goes, and the whole set is full of FUNNY FUNNY stuff! They have fab sets! I had to splurge a bit and get some new stuff! I stamped the hydrant six times -- so easy to do multiple stampings with clear stamps! This "Suspicious Pup" image from Dog Gone Stamps fit right in to place with my card! Copics used to color everything. The red splatter dots you see here and there are from a stamp called "Splatter". I used a Silver Gel Pen to color in portions of the hydrants and also added some stitch marks too. I accented the Pup's nose and eyes with Crystal Lacquer. Leave me a comment if you read this entire rambling post!
  • Stamps: Suspicious Pup from Dog Gone Stamps, Sentiment and Fire Hydrant from There She Goes: LOL Taglines Set, Splatter Stamp by Hampton Arts # 2240G
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Riding Hood Red
  • Paper: Paw Print Dp by DCWV Pet Stack, Curious Cryogen White, Black, Riding Hood Red
  • Other: Crystals, Crystal Lacquer, Scallop Scissors, Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Silver Gel Pen

17 comments:

  1. Tis great to start a day with a huge laugh! Your card did that for me ! Love the stamps, your colors and layout. Have a good one, Jenny !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a GREAT card, just love the DOG. Crystal was right about the laugh, now I can get my day started on a good note. And thank you for your comment on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe! This is so adoarable!! This card made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *snort* You even made me laugh before coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haahaahaa! Nothing like a great laugh in the morning. Thanks girlie! That doggie looks like he is having a *hydrant* day!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - I LOVE your warped sense of humour, lol!! What a great card and I love how you stamped all those hydrants! What a fab dog image too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, i'm laughing and loving your "warp" (and so creative) side!!! Great card, Jenny! That splatter stamp works nicely into the whole sentiment :) ... and that fire hydrant is PERFECT as background paper.. and you are right again, perfect MONDAY card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card AND your sense of humor. And yes, I read the whole post. I love the detail you put into your work and the time you take to explain it (or point it out). I don't want to miss anything!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is sooooo over the top wonderful! Love, Love, LOVE that dog, and yes, I now own my very own stamp. Can't wait to use him on a card. In the midst of moving right now so it will be a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *lol* What a funny sentiment and a wonderful card!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Card. Jenny I love the way you always use a fabulous paper to go with your card. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your warped sense of humor is what attracts me to a lot of your cards! Another awesome card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card. To me though, the dog does not look especially suspicious but, well, now I can't decide about it's look. Love the whole card. I have been trying to decide if I need those stamps.....I have seen them on another card somewhere and starting thinking about them. But, your card is perfect complete with splatters! Love it!!!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a HOOT! Your card is too much fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! Now I see what you mean! This is my type card! A good ole fun Jenny original! I like "warped" cards that make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jenny - you really crack me up :) I hope to get to meet you in person one day :)!!!

    Totally love this card - you rocked the Sketch with this awesome creation too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Jenny, the sentiment totally makes this card, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete