Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Little Fairy on a Flower

Well, Thanks to everyone! -- the Monday Theme name suggestions rolled in .... I don't know how I am going to pick! I'll have to keep thinking over all of them. I think I'll make you wait til next Monday to see the winning suggestion... so if you think of any more-- drop another comment on the Underwear Frog!
I know I said I am not a fairy kind of girl when it comes to stamps, but again I am kind of liking this little Fairy series from Repeat Impressions. I showed my Husband this card... sometimes I share my cards with him, sometimes not.... he said.... "What is that?? -- a Naked Bug". Men! But now every time I see it I think "Naked Bug"!!! So the Naked Bugs always seem to be done up in pastels.... so I went the other way and tried to do it up in brights, using the "Offbeat" Collection of papers from Basic Grey. Finished card size is 5 1/2" Square. Check out other Repeat Impressions' Fairy cards from Robin and Sandy!
  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, DP "Offbeat" by Basic Grey, Riding Hood Red, Brown
  • Other: Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Tag Die, Riding Hood Red Tafetta Ribbon by SU, Scallop Scissors, White Rainbow Tape, White Gel Pen

14 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Fairies are not something that reach for either. You made me laugh about the comment from your husband. I like to show my cards to my husband. Since I'm pretty new to making cards, he does not know what to think when I attach things a bit crooked for have flaws! But one thing he does know is that he does not like a lot of layers, a lot of color or busy things on the card. He asked me to make a card for him to give a co-worker and he wanted just an image stamped on the card...using kraft cardstock and brown ink! I had to dress it up a bit with a cream die cut nestie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles* Naked bug... I've actually been making fairies! Knock me over with a fairy... I mean, feather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tiny little Fairy Jenny, it's beautiful & coloured to perfection as always.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out really cute, Jenny. Great coloring and airbrushing. Thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,
    I love this card. Funny, I'm not a fairy kind of person either, but I do like this one! I LOL'd at your husband's remark!!! Sounds like something my hubby would say!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous! So adorable! Fabulous design with fabulous colors. Your bow is over-the-top gorgeous, I especially love the white trim on the outer part of the ribbon, it really stands out on this bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww she is so cute, even if Anthony thinks she is a naked bug!
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring and air brushing job! These fairies are adorable and I'm not a fairy person either. Love it with the offbeat paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, that reamrk from your DH is just what mine would have said too ;P. I love your color choise and the bow is stunnign as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, I really like the bold colors, you can actually SEE the "naked little bug", lol. Great choice of DP and love the soft airbrushing. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layout and the choice of DP!! That nestability is one of my favorite!! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable and it also has your trendy style too.

    Every time I distress edges, my BF asks why it's dirty....!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete