Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Light my Fire!

Sprinkle has been calling my name, feeling very neglected lately... So, I just had to play in this week's TCP Challenge. TCP Tuesday #54 is hosted by Susan Liles this week. The challenge is to use ANY stamp from the "HAVIN' A POW WOW" set. I have not used this set as much as some of my other TCP stamps, so this challenge was perfect. I had fun with this card! I have been waiting for an occasion to use this neat ribbon ---until I cut into it for the corners --- fuzz flew all over the place! So that's how the buttons came to be in the corners, the fuzz fell out and I had to cover up the bald spots! I colored the images with Copics and airbrushed the background on the image and sentiment with a little Yellow and Peach Copic markers. To create the little shadows I made a mask using oval Nesties and airbrushed a little Warm Grey Copic. I added some little stitch marks on the black layer using a Peach colored Souffle Pen. Do you see the little baby Sprinkle? How cute is that!!! Finished card is 6 x 6 1/2" . Click on the pics for a closer look!
  • Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas "Having a Pow-Wow"
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Orange DP by Imaginisce, Black, Yellow, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Funky Ribbon!, Buttons, Red Hemp Twine, Gold Pearls, Copics/ABS, Peach Souffle Pen, Clear Glaze Pen, Orange Spica Pen, Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles

12 comments:

  1. WOW! That ribbon is like fire itself! Great colors and coloring job. Nice touch with the oval shadows. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you never cease to amaze me! How cool is that fringed trim? Way to go. I really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!
    I love it.
    I love it.
    I love it.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Jenny! That ribbon is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, Jenny! I'm FLOORED with this card! That rug/cloth looking riboo you used to frame Sprinkles - POW WOW is right :) LOL- loving the colors nand the buttons just go so right with this card (nice save) - and of course the coloring of the images just makes it all come together! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love these colors! Great improvisation with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby Sprinkle IS adorable. Love the scene. But whatever happened to Martha??????? It's been at least a week since she's been around. Did she go to the South Seas, or something???

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just sooo adorable, Jenny! I just love that sentiment with this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the frayed fabric/ribbon - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is pretty darn cool ribbon, and I TOTALLY believe you made THIS card! Your alter-ego is safely back in hiding, right? Awesome card, great coloring, LOVE these stamps! Welcome back! (I did love your foofy card, too, in spite of my poking fun - and I'm still CASEing that center panel...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way too cute, you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a-ma-zing!! what a great piece of trim that is--perfection for this card. great details!!

    ReplyDelete