Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I used a Needle and Thread... for Sharon!

Sharon says: Let's thread something thru this week! Fun!!! There are punches that punch holes specifically for the purpose of threading something through, or we can make our own holes with any punch we have. We can thread ribbon or twine through button holes, or we could actually thread a needle and sew. Let your imagination and creativity run wild -- just start threading!!! If you upload to SCS use keyword ssnotime83 so we can look at your creations!
Please check out the great samples for the Stamp Simply Challenge today on the blogs of these totally creative designers: Dee - Janine - AJ - Jennifer - Julie - Becky .

My sentiment is Stamped Simply in Close to Cocoa on Pink Card Stock with a little sponging around the edges. And, Sharon.... for you I put needle and thread together! I used my scalloped rectangle nesties to create some panels from Ivory card stock. I used my Japanese Screw Punch to put holes in each of the scallops. Then I used a craft needle and a double strand of pink embroidery floss to go up and thru each hole in the scallops. I love the roped edging look that results. I know this is some crazy pink going on here.... I made it at the same time I made this card. I guess I do have a girly feminine side after all! The butterflies were punched out from a 12x12 sheet of K and Company paper. I also used them on this card, lots of people asked about them, so here is a link to see the paper. You just punch them out like paper doll clothes. I used three butterfly punch outs, splitting the lower two in the middle and extending the wings for a layered look and then raising them with a little foam tape. I even hunted down some wire and made some little antennae. I embellished the body with some pink pearls. I sponged a little Close to Cocoa ink on everything so it would not be soooo clean and pink looking! The little taupe bow is 1/4" Silk Ribbon from Sharon's Ribbon Store and then I added a pearl brad in the center. My card was not quite busy enough (ha!) so I added a little bit of pink Rick Rack to the bottom! Whew, I think I'm done with pink for a little while. Finished Card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Happy Birthday by Endless Creations
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa by SU
  • Paper: Floral DP and Butterflies by K and Company, Neenah Classic Crest Ivory, Kraft, Pink
  • Other: Textiles Cuttlebug Folder, Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles, Pink Embroidery Floss, 1/4" Silk Ribbon, Pink Pearls, White Wire, Rick Rack, Ivory Pearl Brad, Foam Tape, Inking Sponge

13 comments:

  1. Nicely done Jenny!! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed, the lacing is such a clever idea and looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Jenny, how creative, love the ribbon around the focal panels, together with the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jenny - you went back to Planet Pink for another visit, lol!! I LOVE this card - it has so much exquisite detailing - incredible work! I'm really loving your girlie feminine side, lol!!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome way of threading, very lovely and the colors are wonderful. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love it all. And I know how much time it takes to punch holes and stitch them! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! It would take me all night to come up with something is beautiful! Well done Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack, wow, that is a lot of pink!! Love all the lacing, Jenny, you did a wonderful job with the challenge! Lovely bow and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so vintagey!! lovely colors and fun stitching around the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is over the top amazing, Jenny!! I just love all the ribbon threading you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenny -- love all the laced up edges! this is too soft and pretty looking for words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jenny! I love that butterfly and the paper.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete