Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Flying Fairy

I don't have a big collection of fairy or fantasy type stamps... so when I needed to make a Fairy card for Repeat Impressions... I kind of groaned a bit. BUT after I stamped this image and the card came together... turns out, I think this little fairy is pretty darn cute!!! So I'm still not jumping on the fairy wagon anytime soon, but I'll use this little sweet fairy image again. I airbrushed around the image and colored with Copics, big surprise there. I stamped a second pair of wings for Wee Fairy and her Slave Bee, so I could pop them up and glitter them up! Maybe that's the appeal of the fairy -- is it the glitter you can add to the wings? All the paper on this card is from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie Collection. The little sticker embellishment is also BG and I outlined it with a black Micron to help it stand out a bit. More Heavenly 1/4" Silk Ribbon from Sharon's Ribbon Store. This is the best stuff!!! Some little stitch marks with a Yellow Souffle Pen and a drop of bling here and there. All Done. Finished card size is 5 1/2" Square. Whatcha think of my little fairy??
  • Stamps: all Stamps by Repeat Impressions -Garden Fairy and Bee # 4320- I, Quote #5803-I
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black, All DP is from Basic Grey "Urban Prarie" Collection
  • Other: Crystals, Glitter Glue, Silk Ribbon 1/4", Basic Grey Sticker Embellishments, Yellow Souffle pen, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Black Rainbow Tape, Micron Pens, Copics/ABS

13 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Jenny!!! This is absolutely stunning!! LOVE IT! The image is so cute and the paper colours and layout are just fab! Love how you tore the corner papers for the sentiment - such lovely detail.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. evette k. ciampoApril 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM

    STUNNING CARD...I too am fairy challenged. Love this stamp though and might have to get it. So simple yet elegant. Love all u did to it. Thanks so much for sharing you many talents with us. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  3. evette k. ciampoApril 6, 2009 at 8:44 AM

    STUNNING CARD...I too am fairy challenged. Love this stamp though and might have to get it. So simple yet elegant. Love all u did to it. Thanks so much for sharing you many talents with us. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wow Jenny I love this one, I love how you did the wings they look great!!.
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one - great job! I'm with you on the fairy thing. I picked the one with the dragonfly and will be posting it soon - it's a completely different feel with Graphic 45 paper.

    I love what you did with the wings - I'll have to play around with that some more.

    I've been playing with some of the silk ribbon this weekend, too, but mine is the wider size. It IS really nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, shiny!! Love the torn part too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fairy is adorable! Love the glittery wings and the bee paper. Great job. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fairy and the words.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really cute card...love how it turned out. You must share...how you do your bows...I noticed the one on this card as well as the one from a few days ago on your bunny card.....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable stamp! Luv your layout and the colors you used.

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little guy/girl! Your card is adorable! I'm picturing in my mind how teeny tiny this pair would be in real life - how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely stunning!!! The colors and paper are just yummy, and the dainty, sweet fairy image is just darling. I am not much for fairies either, but this one, I LOVE!!!! And your Copic-abilities on her don't hurt the situation either -- LOL!!! And I am drooling over your darling, petite bow done with the 1/4" silk -- stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Love your creativity! You have an eye for details!

    ReplyDelete