Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fashion Flower Fringe

Ohhhh, how this card came together I have no idea! Kinda wild, but I like it. I chose the color for my friend Sandy, who loves all things PINK. The stamp is from Coronado Island and part of their collection called "On the Side", meaning a main stamp, then also a sentiment or coordinating stamp is mounted on the side of the wood. I started with the flower and stamped the image with Memento London Fog Grey. Then I used copics to color over the stamping, I was originally trying to achieve a watercolor effect with the markers, I quickly realized I was no where close to my idea, so really I was just playing with my markers. I used a black Micron Pen to go back and put some defining lines on the flower. The background was airbrushed with W5, then I used my blender pen to mop up color and make this sort of grunge/washy background. The flower has a stem and leaves, but I was not happy with how I colored it, sooooo the old "cover up technique" had to be applied. I cuttlebugged a bottom pink portion for that. Then I spotted the fringe... then the adhesive silver nailheads....some little dots around the edges, and well.... Here it is. All of the black you see was done by edging with the chisel tip end of the Copic. The additional nestie layers were hand trimmed with scissors.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So that card is this funky shape to begin with?? Totally cool! Love your little details as always, Jenny. You're my detail Goddess (and I'm always bummed when mine don't end up looking as good as yours!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, some of your best card come from "adjusting" LOL! Trimming this nestie takes time too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, you did a very nice job covering up because you can't tell from where i'm sitting- this card is a beuty; love that fringe and the added silver beads - the colors work great and i am loving how you colored that flower, highlighting and defining... SO PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I cannot tell you covered up anything! This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Jenny! Really pretty colours and I just love that fringe!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure Sandy is going to LOVE this ;-) The fringe reminds me of a '20's flapper girl. Love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tulip and lovely card you created with it - FUN fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete