Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Time at the OCC!

It's Saturday, time for the OCC Challenge - Our April host, Silke has challenged us to use our *favorite* Easter Stamp Set. How simple is that???

Well, I chose this little round bottom bunny for my favorite Easter stamp this year. I feel a certain kinship with his shape! It is actually two bunny stamps.... you do see the "other one" don't you? There's always one in every crowd! lol! I went a little nutty using Basic Grey's Euphoria Paper Collection to stamp these Bunnies. The "front" Bunny stamp actually has the tail to the left, but I trimmed it off and put it in different spots on everyone, so they would not look so cookie-cutter! I liked pairing the Elegant sentiment with these goofballs and mixing it up, what can I say.... some paper, stamps,ink and I can totally entertain myself! I added some little stitching using Souffle Pens, then embellishing in between with some sparkly little dot stickers. (Approximately 25 of those little dots are now embedded deep in the carpet). Click on the pics for a closer look. Now, I have to tell you about the heavenly ribbon.... I just got this in the mail on Friday, and I have fallen in love with it. The ribbon is from Sharon Johnson's Ribbon Store.... it is 1/4" SILK and let me tell you.... IT ties up and puffs out like a DREAM! It is so fine and light - the middle knot ties perfectly crisp, tight and clean, just perfect to attach to a card! I had fun with these little bunnies and this card! Finished card size is an A2.
For a close up view on the Challenge projects for this week please visit the OCC ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett , Joycelyn Turner also, this week we want to welcome our OCC Guest Designer Jeanette Fincher.
  • Stamps: Front Bunny and Backside Bunny are from Morning Star Stamps, Easter Sentiment is from Penny Black
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: All DP from Basic Grey's Euphoria Collection, White
  • Other: Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Green and Pink Souffle Pens, Sparkly Dot Stickers by Stampendous, 1/4 Silk Ribbon, Photo Corner Punch by SU

20 comments:

  1. what adorable little bunnys Jenny ..... who wouldn't enjoy this for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute - love the paper pieced bunnies. You're on a roll with the stitching - who knew you were such a Susie Homemaker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunnies are very sweet and I love the sentiment font and your bow is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunnies are very sweet and I love the sentiment font and your bow is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you on mixing up elegant and goofball - totally works and is WAY more interesting than all matchy-matchy (although there's a time and a place for that, as well...) VERY fun card, and I love the "lumpy" bunnies in all different patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - I think you did a marvelous job with this card and challenge!!! It's a fun and gorgeous Easter card!!! Totally love it ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - easter egg coloured bunnies!!!! Who knew! ;)

    I share your affinity with these bunnies *sigh*

    Adorable card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Jenny! I love how you did the bunnies - they really are cute!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny love your sweet bunnies, awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw on Sharon's blog where you are the guest designer for April...congrats!
    Love this card....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I too feel the pain of the size of those bunnies...too much like my own size...boo hoo hoo. All that aside I do love your card. Especially the coloring. One of my fav things to do. Please keep your ideas coming as I am new to your blog and sure do like your cards. thanks, ekc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I -do- love those bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Jenny, those bunnys are SO cute!! LOVE the fun background paper you made the bunny and the beautiful layout on your card!!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a fun card! I LOVE your backwards bunny -- too cute!!! And your darling pink ribbon is JUST gorgeous!!! A beautiful creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bunnies are CUTE,CUTE, CUTE !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love the way you did your bunnies! Gives them each a personality of their own. Beautiful paper and layout too! Great job!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. And we're back to pink, lol. This is just the cutest card. I love those bunnies and I can relate to the "oddball" Just adorable, Jenny, you sure are doing great things for the OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love, love, love these bunny stamps. I wish I would have seen them before now so I could have used them for Easter cards. They are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those bunnies are fantastic...and how could I miss the little backwards buny...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, Jenny, i am loving that image!!! the colos are fab - with allthe pp coordinating perfectly!!! Great looking sentiment to go with it and that bow is to PERFECT for words!!! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete