Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Branching Out!

Hmmmm. Where to start... This card originally started out as a "Cat" card, obviously it took a few turns as cards tend to do sometimes! I had that gorgeous gold design on acetate "paper" that I had been eyeing in the paper pile, and that was the only thing that stayed true to my original design thoughts! I named this post Branching Out, as this design is "branching out" for me. I am always in awe of Michelle Zindorf's designs and her brayer work. But the Brayer and I, well.... we are not friends! I have tried and tried and failed and been frustrated. I know practice makes perfect.... and I want instant immediate perfect brayering, which nothing comes with out investing a little time. Maybe one day, the Brayer and I can live together as one. I stamped my fantastic tree branches and flower branches from Coronado Island Stamps multiple times, and used the Versamark Pen and Clear Detail EP to act as the resist, keeping my flowers white. I used a couple of markers to outline and darken the branches. I added a few craggy limbs so they would all be slightly different. I don't know that this is a good representation of a scene/tree you would find in nature ---But it's my card, my interpretation! I made a circle mask for the moon. Then I used brushes and Adirondacks to stipple ink on the background, using colors I thought were in the background DP. I removed the Circle mask, and brushed in circular motion a little Latte ink. I wanted the moon to glow around the edges, so I went back and used my white gel pen to add a little white ink around the edges, then while still wet I smushed it around using my finger. Very technical process! I added a little dimensional pearl to accent the center of the flowers. I matted everything, and the gold acetate layer is popped up so you can see it is see thru IRL. I added my little Thank You, I know, I over use this Thank You stamp, but I love it! Ahhhh and more heavenly silk ribbon from Sharon's Ribbon Shop... I tied my little triple bow and also edged the corners with a silky strip of ribbon. Garnished liberally with pearls to complete! Finished card is 5x7. Anyone still with me here? I know my background might have been a little more fluid if I had used glossy paper, but I didn't know this is where my card was going!! And.... Happy Easter to all!

Have you signed up for my BLOG CANDY? Well if not, go a couple of posts down to the Shoe Card and leave a comment -- you have to leave a comment about SHOES... there are some pretty entertaining Shoe Stories...so go there! Candy Drawing tonight at 8PM!
  • Stamps: All Stamps from Coronado Island -Thank You # 1305-B, Pine Limb #0713-I, Apple Blossoms #0316-D
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark and Gold Detail EP, Versamark Pen and Clear Detail Ep, Adirondack Inks: Latte, Currant, Oregano, Slate
  • Paper: Gold Overlay from Hambly Studios, Gold, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DP by Diane's Daughter, Neenah Classic Crest Ivory
  • Other: Stipple Brushes, White Gen Pen, 1/4" Silk Taupe Ribbon, Pearls, Pearls, Pearls!, Dimensional Pearls "Mushroom" by Adirondack, Spellbinder's Labels Nesties

11 comments:

  1. That card is absolutely beautiful. You have a wonderful talent for bringing it all together. I was just looking for ideas for our church ladies' day later this year and my table is Japan. I would love to make cards like this for each place setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and classy card! Love all the technical descriptions too...and wow you broke loose with your Pearls...good for you! Have you showed us how you make your triple bow? That is so pretty with that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Of course, the card itself is always beautiful.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolute HATE brown - Hate it, hate it, hate it! So why do I think your card is so gorgeous and elegant??? Maybe I need to "branch out" a bit myself and try brown!!! Your talent is amazing. There is not one thing that you have ever posted that I haven't loved with all my heart! This card is stunning!

    And that silk ribbon??? I fainted at the cost - purchased just one spool of white - with the idea of coloring it to match anything I needed. Sharon generously sent a photo of her coloring it with 4 different Copics. Then I ran the white through my fingers - and swooned. It's been on my night table so I can swoon some more, and decided my 102-year old Mom was the only one who deserved such gorgeous ribbon on her cards. But my daughter deserves to have it on her cards too, and I am slowly recovering from the cost of it and even considering buying another color!!! It ties like a dream, and yes, it DOES pop right back up from being squished in an envelope. Thanks for the tip for this magnificent ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is elegant - love the color combination and the branch with the moon behind it.... It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Real elegant and festive!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - Jenny - this is drop dead gorgeous - GF!!! Oh I soooooo love this card!!!

    All I have to say is move over Michelle - LOL - here comes Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one Jenny, the colour combo is gorgeous & one of my favourites.
    hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Jenny, that bow has me positively drooling, you know I'm gonna case it girl, it's so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete