Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wild Spring Sprinkle

The world must be going mad....

  1. I am making Easter cards, which is a first, despite a pretty nice collection of Easter stamps that I somehow have in my craft room.
  2. There is snow on the ground here---in Atlanta, in March!
  3. I ordered my NEW TCP Stamps on Friday, as in days ago, and they were here on Monday. Now I'm not a fan of the USPS, as my mailman drives half up the driveway and routinely throws packages in the general direction of my garage...but I have to tip my Easter Bonnet to the USPS on this one, as these flew here from San Francisco to Atlanta in record time! Not to mention the top service on TCP's part getting them out the door asap!
  4. And last... who got the Swanky Stamper award for March??? click here to find out!

Friday when I saw the new stamps released by TCP I eyed this Sprinkle with the Bonnet first. So I had to ink it up and play with it right away. I airbrushed and colored using my Copics. All this colorful paper is from Imaginisce's "Twitterpated". And... I won this paper as blog candy from Jennifer Meyer - so shoutin' out a big Thank you to her! Really, the card is just layers of paper and of course that Martha Punch. On the edge of the pink lace border I airbrushed just a tad of darker pink color to help tie the pinks together. Little triple bow and sparkly Spica pen to Sprinkle's Bonnet to finish this card. Final card size is an A2.

12 comments:

  1. Very cute and funny - love the stamp and the sentiment. Great colors and nice touch with the airbrushing on the border strip.

    Oh, and Hi, Heather.....beat ya!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny

    Love the bonnet on Sprinkle. Nice spring design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo HOO!!! Congrats, you Swanky Stamper, you! Well-deserved, I'm thinkin'... I adore Sprinkle and am totally jealous that you already have the new ones - thin week $$-wise, so maybe next week (*sigh*) This is another absolutely adorable card! I love your layers of scallops - makes 'em look like ruffles (probably your intention, right?) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute & fun we had 1 foot of snow yesterday and yet last week I saw spring flowers popping up so strange
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Jenny. Love those cats. I MUST check out these stamps 'cause my cat-loving friend would love getting cards with these. This card is fabulous in every way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it and all the shading is great! Sprinkle doesn't look too happy...lol. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. W00t! You got a whole lot goin' on... congrats on the Swanky Stamper award, and have fun playing with Easter stamps in the snow! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card Jenny! LOVE the pretty layout and those papers are perfect for your design! Have fun with your NEW goodies, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink, pink, will you never be done with pink! What a cute card and I can see why you loved the image. Congratulations on your Swanky Stamper of the Month on TCP. Very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! Such a cute card, love it. Send it in and you'll be Swanky Stamper again next month! Congrats!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is about the most perfect card I have seen in ages...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Congrats Swanky Stamper...how cool!

    ReplyDelete