Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Rainy Day!

We did get some serious RAIN this weekend in Atlanta, kinda dreary weather, but we badly need the rain in the lakes. OK, lots going on here on this little card! I love paper piecing, and that's what I did for the Rain Coat and the wiener dog's sweater, these stamps are perfect for paper piecing! I colored the rest of the image with Copics, outlining the images with N1. On the ruffle bottom of the Raincoat I added little dots using a Souffle pen -- they puff up when they dry! Click on the close up pic to enlarge for a better look-see! The blue panel is cuttlebugged with the Circle/Flower Folder. I created the bottom circle border with a corner punch, just removed the corner piece and punched straight across a paper strip. I added little strips of paper and black and white Rainbow tape to cover the paper seams. I used scallop scissors to edge, then I used the cut away from that to edge the sides of the card. On the raindrops and the boots I used a clear glaze pen to add a little shine. Whew! No Nesties or Martha punch on this -- whaaaat!?! Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by My Favorite Things
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Baja Blue
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey 6x6 "Urban Prairie" Collection, Baja blue, Riding Hood Red, Black, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110#
  • Other: Rainbow Tape, Blue Souffle Pen, Black Micron Pen, Cuttlebug Folder, Circle Punch, Scallop Scissors, Copics, Clear Glaze Pen

11 comments:

  1. These colors are so pretty...great job coordinating ALL of the elements on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! Perfect paper choice, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper piecing and gorgeous colours and design. That is a nice punch along the bottom of the sentiment! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that urban prairie paper with this design!! Fabulous layout and colors. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a rain jacket just like that one please!! Love the colors Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lots of special touches on this amazing work of art. Wonder which lucky lady with the weiner dog will get this card? Hmmmm.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know where to start! There is SO MUCH detail Jenny! The colors are some of my favorite, the paper piecing, the little doggie....it's all amazing!!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, I love all the attention to detail that you give your cards. I really like the paper you used for her raincoat - I have it and I love that paper. I have this set, too, and love seeing it in a different presentation. Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card and your paper piecing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm....I want a raincoat(and a little skirt peeking out) that looks just like this! Cute!

    ReplyDelete