Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Sick Frog

This little guy partied too hard on St. Patty's Day... too much green beer, I think. Now he is sickie, sickie! This image is "Frog on Leaf" from Dog Gone Stamps. I guess I got a little "Dot & Doodle happy" with this card. I airbrushed the sentiment and around the edges of the image. I cut the main image out with Nesties, then hand trimmed the outer layers using scissors. I used my white gel pen liberally applying dots and a Black Micron pen for some additional doodles. I thought the ribbon mirrored the dots, with the white stitching running down the middle. Added a few gems and a little double bow to complete the card. Final card size is 5x5 Square.

12 comments:

  1. LOL...I love everything about this card...poor little guy really doesn't look under the weather! lol..Your doodling really makes the card Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Jenny! The frog image is awesome and you put the card together so beautifully! I love your doodles!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frog is hilarious! What a perfect creature for a 'sick' card! Love the dots too. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT card! Your coloring and airbrushing are awesome, the poor little froggie image really stands out as does your sentiment, and the papers and dots are great matches. That poor little frog - he so looks like I felt when I had the flu. I have got to get some of these stamps, although I know I could not do justice to them as you do. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the doodlin' you did on this card! This image is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is fabulous!! The little guy really does look sick! hahaha All those dots and doodles remind me of an Australian Aborginal painting - the dp is perfect for the image. Great job Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny! A hungover frog!! he looks it, too. I think your dots are fine!!! Love the color combo, and the doodled edges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you made this frog to commemorate YOUR being so sick! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor li'l guy...green beer will do that to ya. :) This is hilarious, and I do love that froggie image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, what a fabulous card you have made with this little guy. I love the color combination and all those dots and doodles are perfect. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Froggy!!!! Gorgeous card though!! All that green is just yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete