Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge

Thanks to all who played in last week's Limited Supply Challenge, it was a challenge for me to only use three layers! I love using Mr. Linky to hop around and see everyone's take on the challenges -- totally fun! I'm finally getting back to life after being down with the flu and then laryngitis.

Our March hostess, Kim Teasdale, has put together this sketch for this week's challenge: So join the OCC today, go grab some stamps and ink 'em up! Play along and have a chance to win $25 worth of Clear Dollar Stamps! Lori McCroskey has generously donated this week's prize -- Visit the OCC Blog for details on the prize offering! Also, a BIG welcome to Laurie Wilson as our OCC guest designer for this week. AND a HUGE Congrats to Kim Teasdale from the OCC who is now a Dirty Girl! Yep, she got the nod and is now a part of the infamous Dirty Dozen on SCS! Way to go Kim -- well deserved!!!!


Here's my take on Kim's Sketch Challenge for this week. The paper choice was from a kit a friend had put together, not colors or patterns I would normally go for.... so I thought a sketch challenge would be perfect to help me put them together. I flipped the sketch on it's side, but kept true to the layout. I paper pieced the candles and colored the flames with a light yellow Copic, then added a little glitter glue for some glitz. The colors were quite bright so I also sponged some brown around the edges, after I did that, I wished I had left it clean. But I'm sharing it anyway! The candles image I also airbrushed around the edges and added some doodles before I sponged the brown. Final Card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: Candles by Hero Arts, Sentiment by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Coral and Green Card Stock, all other DP by American Crafts
  • Other: Brown Micron Pen, White Gel Pen, Copics/ABS, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals

9 comments:

  1. Jenny, I LOVE this card. I really like all the inking around the edges, the choice of DP, the paper piecing, the doodles around the cnadles..............It's perfect.......A quick question though......do you use Photoshop to soften the edges of your photos? I love the way they look and would love some tips on how to do that......if you have a few minutes to let me know how you do that, I would really appreciate it..........my email is vickig@kos.net

    Thanks a bunch

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Jenny - I love how you paper pieced the candles - very effective! And the inking on the cs looks wonderful! Great job.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, love your card - great take on the sketch. It's perfect! The doodles, sponging and airbrushing finish it off nicely. Glad you're starting to feel better.


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgoeus!!! Love all the details you've added to this card!!! Great idea to flip the Sketch too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I love how you turned the sketch on its ear! I tried doing mine sideways and just could get a vision for it. Your card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Jenny! LOVE how you turned the sktch and I LOVE all of the fun paper piecing! Great job on the sketch.

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! I love those colors together. This sketch looks really good turned on it's side too! WTG
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny i'm loving your happy card, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card!! Love your paper pieced candles! Great take on the OCC sketch!

    ReplyDelete