Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

OCC Color Challenge - Wild Thing!

The OCC has a Color Challenge for you today.... Our March hostess, Kim Teasdale, has picked these colors for this week's challenge: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard and One Neutral Color.... I loved every one's samples for today, the same colors but all so different looking! WOW! My card definitely got a little wild... I just couldn't stop. I hand drew little circles to make the polka-dot border around all my Nestie pieces, also adding a blue inner frame and tiny black dots... like I said I couldn't stop. Then I had to use my Martha punch down both sides, cause I love 'em, and can't stop using those either. I airbrushed a little blue and colored the birdies with Copics. I also highlighted over "Wild Thing" with a Copic. Added one jewel, cause bling is always good, but so much was going on here that anything more would have been too much! There's even some cuttlebug action on the light blue octagons. Finished card is an A2.
For a close up view on the Challenge projects for this week please visit the OCC ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock , Viki Garrett and a big Welcome to the OCC's newest member Joycelyn Turner.
  • Stamps: Birds by The Cat's Pajamas, "Wild Thing" by Imagina, "Ruffle my Feathers" by Rubber Soul
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, More Mustard, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Black Micron Pen, Copics/ABS, Rainbow Tape, Spellbinder's Octagons and Rectangles, Cuttlebug

17 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun - you crack me up - Jenny!!! Awesome take on the colors my friend!!! Super cool layout too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* What a fabulous, funny card! Absolutely brillliant bringing those stamps together for this amazing project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GENIOUS...gorgeous design, beautiful display of the colors, AND funny...definitely a triple threat card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! There is a lot going on here, but it works really well! Love those birds and your coloring of them is perfect. Great combination of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jenny!! LOVE the fun design and those images are SO sweet!

    Have a wonderful,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combination of this brilliant paper and the stamp you´ve used!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card!! I love how 'wild' you got with it!! It all works so well together.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!! Jenny, this is AMAZING!!! I love how you used Mustard as the predomimant colour! Just Gorjuss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful job with this color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the little verse under it would say - you make my heart sing! This is too cute - luv the colors and all the detail you put into it!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jenny,

    Wow!! You wild thing, I am amazed at how much detail you can incorporate into your cards. I know your just having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, Jenny, what a fantastic use of those colors. This card really pops! Very creative and very eye-catching. Love it! I've got tons to catch up on now that I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable image and wonderful card. Great coloring.
    Also thanks for stoppping by our blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cracking card Jenny! Love these colours and that image is just fab! And that sentiment - could barely contain my laughter!! So perfect for this card.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete