Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

OCC Challenge - Add a Doodle

Happy Saturday! And it is a very Happy Saturday! I can share my BIG news with you. I have been invited to join the OCC- Our Creative Corner Blog! Pinching myself still! WOW. Pinch, Pinch! I'll admit having a few nerves putting my cards in the mix... The talent on the OCC is plenty BIG! I have been playing along with the OCC for a little while and always enjoy the Saturday challenges and seeing what the gals create each week. So I am really over the moon to now be a part of the team. I will add links to all the OCC ladies on my sidebar.... so check 'em out and play along in the Challenges!
For a close up view on the Challenge projects for this week please visit the OCC ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Viki Garrett. Kim has some serious Blog Candy up for grabs on her site!
The OCC Challenge for today is to "Add a Doodle" on your card, well, that was right up my alley! I used my white gel pen to create some little doodles around the borders of my images. The colors were inspired by this week's TCP Tuesday Inspiration Challenge hosted by Toni. I used my Martha punch to create the little strip border: punching two strips and using them back to back, a little white strip of ribbon covers the seam. I added some Crystal Lacquer over the Jelly Bean Jar. Some dew drops, white dots and a little mini white bow to finish it off. Card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black for the Sentiment
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DP by Basic Grey 6x6 "Cupcake" Collection, Blue Card Stock
  • Other: Martha Stewart Border Punch, Dew Drops, White Dots, Brads, Spellbinder's Double Ended Tags, Spellbinder's Labels Two, Misc. Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Copics/ABS

26 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team - Jenny!!! You forgot me in your list - LOL!!!
    Your frame doodling is so cool - great idea!!! Darlin' card - love that bunny image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun Jenny, love all your layers. Welcome to the OCC, we are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Jenny ... I am trying to resist that bunny but seeing this isn't helping LOL ... cool doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this card! That bunny and sentiment are a riot! It is an honor to be working alongside of you at OCC!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - fabulous card and fabulous news Jenny! Congrats - that's so exciting for you!! Love this bunny card and that sentiment had me laughing! Great doodling too around the border.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Jen. You will be a wonderful addition to the OCC team. Your cards are fabulous and very inspiring and you have NOTHING to worry about. I adore this card and the sentiment is just too cute. Love the doodles, I am far too anal to do that, lol. And the back to back punched borders, what a clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - you are in the big leagues now, and just think... I can say "I knew you when..." LOL! This is a well deserved honor. I see you are back to the Martha punches. Personally, I don't see any reason NOT to Martha punch everything - she has such great designs, and this arches punch is my fave! Great card, great colors, LOVE that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, your card is hilarious! I nearly spewed. What an introduction, eh?!!! I'm looking forward to working with you on OCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH! I am so thrilled for you!You have joined a group of my fave stampers!Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jenny!! Your card is totally fabulous and fun!! So happy to have you join us on the OCC!! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If anyone deserves to be on a DT, YOU do! Your ideas are utterly fab, funny, and glorious! And thank goodness you are back to punching with Martha. I was going to faint if you went another day without her...... Great news always, all ways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny,

    I'm so excited to have found your blog from the sweet comment you left me on mine. Your TCP creations are just fabulous and your coloring is outta this world!

    Have a great weekend,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats and love the bunny card. We'll celebrate when i get home..GREAT NEWS! miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the OCC Jenny! I am SO looking forward playing along side with you each week!

    Fabulous card today, LOVE the fun doodles and adorable layout!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news, Jenny! You definitley belong with this group so you can show everyone how CREATIVE you truly are, in your CORNER of the world. YaY for Jenny! And what fun that your first challenge is doodles! Is next week little bows?

    Great card, by the way.


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH WOW, two challenges in one and what a beutiful combination per your card! Love how you doodled on the card, it looks great! and you used those colors in the challenge so nicely; and of course you made that CUTE TCP bunny look so perfect! Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jenny,
    Congratulations on you appointment to OCC!! It's lovely to see you receiving some acclaim for your efforts and creative ability.

    As usual you attention to detail is amazing. Love the card.

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS on your news!! They are lucky to have you at OCC! And thanks, as always, for playing along with TCP Tuesday - your card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenny, your card is SO Adorable. I am very excited to be creating along with you on the OCC. I have this image coming to me and can't wait to get inky with it! I love your use of the nesties here!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Jenny! How exciting love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Congrats, Jenny! You are rapidly becoming Stamping Royalty (we're not worthy...)! I'm so excited for you! Sorry I'm a little late with the well-wishes - hell week w/work and all that... I love OCC and their challenges (even though I haven't played yet) - now I have even one more reason why!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful, fun card! Congrats on the OCC spot! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. jenny,
    This is too cute and funny. Great Card. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is fab. I love the image and sentiment it really made me chuckle. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Jenny - of course you'll do great, you always do!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous and cute card! I love it!!!
    That´s great that your are a new Design Team member! Wish you good luck and lots of creative ideas!
    Greetings from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete