Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just Because Seahorse

I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch for this card. I know, I picked some strange colors to pair up together. But I think it came out OK in the end. The scallops on the bottom are the Martha Lace Doily punch.... I just trimmed the bottom lace part off, it was too much going on down there. I also used the Flower Cuttlebug folder to emboss my square panel. This Seahorse from Dog Gone Stamps is definitely a girl with those lashes and come and get me expression! I cut a slit in the Seahorse panel to thread my ribbon thru, then adhered a bow over it. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Seahorse by Dog Gone Stamps, Sentiment by A Muse
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Cosmo Cricket, Misc. Teal Textured Paper, Curious Cryogen White, Black
  • Other: Martha Lace Doily Border Punch, White Gel Pen, SU Ticket Corner Punch, Cuttlebug Flower Folder, White Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Copics/ABS, Pearls, Spellbinder's Long Rectangles

18 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    The seahorse certainly is sassy in a cute sorta way. I love the colours and all the other elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Your coloring is awesome! Love those Dog Gone Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute!! I like those colors together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaddya' talkin' about?? Colors are FAB together! Now I know how to color my stamp!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the seahorse - makes me want to go diving ;-) I think the colors are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am officially in love with that stamp!

    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous offering, Jenny! I LOVE this color combo, and you are SO good with your coloring - perfect shading, perfect color selection - just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "strange" colours really work together! Love that seahorse!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, what perfect coloring, your blending is so smooth. I love the color combination you chose, I don't think it is strange at all. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect color combo and I love that seahorse, the face is just adorable. If you were a nice little Friday Bitch, you would stamp a few of those for the Queen Bitch?????
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bubbles! Nice job on the airbrushing. Did you mask the seahorse before? Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Jenny! Wow, I love that seahorse and that textured paper is just amazing! Gorgeous colours too!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those colors are great together! Love that seahorse. Cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this seahorse Jenny, she has the most wonderful eyes ever!!!, really the colour combo on this one.
    I agree with Sandy I don't think it looks strange either.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is by far one of the nicest cards I've seen using this sketch.. I love everything about it..

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL! I love your colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. Love that seahorse. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete