Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Holiday Ornament

This card is again a combination of simple elements put together. I used a Cuttlebug Folder to emboss the Ornaments for the gold background. I stamped the small snowflakes randomly, then the ornament, all embossed in Gold. I cut the ornament out, then added layers under it, with the the final layer having a scalloped edge. The bottom scallop strip was created with a Martha Stewart punch. Lots of little crystals on the scallops and a gold bow to finish the card. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Coronado Island: Snowflake Sm1 #117822-A, Merry Christmas #117811-AA, Holiday Ornament #117814-E
  • Ink: Versamark and Detail Gold EP
  • Paper: DP by Anna Griffin, Ivory, Kraft, Gold
  • Other: Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Crystals, Cuttlebug Ornaments Folder, Misc Ribbon, Martha Stewart Doily Border Punch, Scallop Edge Scissors

15 comments:

  1. Elegant! Love the gold and white. What made you make a holiday card in March? Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, as usual! I love that Martha Stewart punch and you have raved about it so long that I bought one last week!!! Now all I have to do is USE it????
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,

    Very elegant creation, the gold and white makes a beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully assembled Jenny! It's better than any store-bought Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Not Christmas, already!!!

    I just got over the last one!! *lol*

    Nice card, though =) Unusual ornament shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooooo beautiful, as always. All those crystals really make that ornament pop. I just put away all my Xmas stamps - do I really have to go dig them out already???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and elegant. You are really, really good with that scallop edge scissors! I am totally impressed with the tip of that ornament! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this is such an elegant and whimsical card - really like the gold embossing background and how you framed that ornament with the various layers- all the details are great, the random snowflakes on the white base and on the doily punched paper is a great touch and that gold ribbon finishes it off quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, very pretty! I love, love the colors, and all your gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous...it would make a great Christmas scrapbook page...I can only image what you could do with that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beautiful too. Must be your feeling better! Great to see art from you again. I love the elegant look to this and there's that Martha punch we love to use.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic christmas card Jenny! I adore the colour combo and that ornament image is just fabulous!
    Gorgeous work.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete