Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gonna write a letter...


This week's OCC hostess is Kim Teasdale and she has created another fabulous challenge… she has challenged us to a Limited Supplies Challenge. Here are the rules: You may use any paper including designer papers but are only able to use a maximum of 3 layers (including your stamped image), 1 type of embellishment (buttons or brads or ribbon, etc), any stamps that you like and sentiments are optional.


Did you read that.... 3 layers????? This OCC challenge for today was HARD for me. I am not happy with my card at all. I think that the flu has eaten my creative brain cells. That's the story I'm going with anyway. I actually made two cards .... I did not like either one. My second week with the OCC, and this is all I can come up with????

The good news is I am feeling a tad more towards human today... so hopefully I can get in my craft room and create something I like and enjoy myself today.

Also this week on the OCC we have a guest designer, Christine Okken of Christine's Creations! Stop by and check out her blog!
For a close up view on the Challenge projects for this week please visit the OCC ladies on their blog -Silke Ledlow, Cindy Haffner, Jennifer Meyer, Kim Teasdale, Lori Boyd, Robin Willis, Frances Byrne, Loretta Lock and Viki Garrett.
Card 1:

Card 2:

  • Stamps: "The Sight of Stars" by Penny Black
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Washi Paper, Grey Card Stock, Curious Cryogen White
  • Other: Adhesive Stars, Gold Gel Pen, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Labels One

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning - Jenny!!! I think the OCC card is very cute!!! Your brain is still there - LOL!!! I know 3 layers were a tough restriction...LOL, but afterall you did a great job!!!

    Your second card is great too!!! Glad to hear you feeling a bit better...hang in there!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* I was saying to myself as I was reading... 3 layers??? Not gonna work for Jenny!!

    Go zen, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, you did a great job with the challenge considering it's so limiting! I've been lurking around your blog this morning and I have to just say that your cards are breath takingly beautiful! Such a treat to peruse your cost place here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Heather - my first thought when I read 3 layers and only 1 embellishments was "Can't wait to see how Jenny deals with this one!".

    They go from doodles, your favorite thing, to almost no layers or embellishments, your worst nightmare! Dang, talk about trial by fire! You did very well, though. I like your challenge card in spite of the limitations.

    Glad you're on the mend! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny love your cards. 3 layers that was a hard one for me. Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,

    Love your 1st card and the image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puppy card is the cutest ever and the star card is very elegant........yes, I think I sprouted a few grey hairs working on this weeks challenge Jenny!!!!!

    I love your stuff!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you have been sick with the flu, I hope it helps to tell you that your cards are FABULOUS!!! Your totally rocked the challenge Jenny!!

    Feel better soon! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think 3 layers was such a bad thing until I looked at the card I made last night...6 layers...goodness who would have thunk? Wonderful cards as always...that doggie is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I woke up with a terrible head cold yesterday and can relate!
    I love your cards! The doggie is so darn cute!! I guess we were all challenged this week! lol
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your cards are great Jenny! I love the puppy dog and what you did with the ribbon is awesome!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job on this challenge Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jenny!!!! You read my mind! What?!! Second week on OCC and THIS IS IT?!!!! I'm dun fer. I can't even blame the flu.

    HOWEVER, that said, I love that little doggie dude! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Listen honey, your card designs on a BAD day would be a GOOD day for me!! You've still got the mojo, you just can't see it through the post-flu fatigue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I think your pup is adorable...almost looks like the one from Lady and the Tramp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, Jenny, love the doggie thinking up his masterpiece! Hope the flu is leaving and you are soon well on the road to recovery. We have missed you in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards turned out great for the LS challenge. I especially love the image of the little dog. That's just adorable. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the ribbon treatment on the first card. And great coloring on the dog.

    The DP and color combo on the star card is nice, too.

    Glad you're starting to feel better, finally!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete