Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Golden Birthday

Happy Friday! This card is for Sharon's challenge for today: Stamp Simply #77 - Heat It Up! - "pull out those heat guns and heat emboss an image that will create a card conveying SIMPLE ELEGANCE!!!" I love heat embossing... I love watching someone see it for the first time and their eyes get big as they see it melt! It has such a wow factor on cards. Since I got my hands on Copic markers I must say I don't emboss as much as I used to, so this was a good reminder of how easy and pretty embossed images are. There is only one image on here, another rarity. The card is mainly about a simple image and showing off the Italian Floral Paper I used. I used my Southwest Corner punch to notch each corner, and created a frame using gold Sulky thread, accented with some small golden pearls. I cut slits in the sides of the oval, in between the ivory and brown using my xacto knife, then threaded my ribbon through the openings. I used a brown Copic marker for the brown border and added some teeny little gold dots. Click on the close up to see a better view of the paper! Another card with no Martha punch! Whatttt is going on? Finished card size is an A2.

Please visit my blog on Saturday, as in tomorrow.... I have some really BIG news to share!

6 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I LOVE what you did with the SW corner punch. There was a day I did that all the time and I bet it's been years since I've touched that punch -- lots of nostaligic tools and techniques surfacing today -- LOL!! Great card - I love it -- so glad you could play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to give you grief today, Ms. Friday Bitch! WHAT GOOD NEWS??? I will not have access to internet until Monday, so tell me now??? Please?? Pretty Please??
    QueenKK

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great of you to remind us how simply stunning gold embossing can be on a card! Gorgeous papers and so beautifully highlighted in your simple card. Can't wait to hear what your BIG news is tomorrow Jenny!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant card! LOVE that paper too...yummy...and I am going to be gone to the regional CKeepsake convention...can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, gorgeous! Did I say I like this card? :) Will check in tomorrow for your big news.

    ReplyDelete