Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Easter Eggs

Now this card screams "Easter". I don't think I have ever used this color combo together on a card! These images are more of TCP's New Spring Release Stamps.... they have stayed on my desk since I got them. They are so stinkin' cute, I can't help but reach for them on every other card! This card is Copics and paper! Copics to color the sky, grass, the little chicken and her eggs. My copic sky does not fade from dark to light as nicely as I had envisioned! I masked the grass and stamped it a couple of times to create a little hill top. The flowers are actually a string of flower ribbon, I snipped them apart and added a little bling to the centers. Some cuttlebug action with my favorite Swiss Dots. The green and white strips are rainbow tape covering the paper's edges. I used Spellbinder's Ribbon tag for the sentiment, but cut off the ribbon slot on the right side. A little tag and some decorative pearls to finish it up. Card size is an A2.

15 comments:

  1. What a great card Jenny! Your stamps images are always such a hoot - fabulous sentiment too! Great colouring - awesome job with the copics!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. That's the goofiest looking chicken I've ever seen - too funny. The flowers are the perfect addition - good thinking! Did you hand cut the pink and white Nestie layers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beyond cute and a creative color job. swiss dots just right for this one and love the tiny flowers. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - this is just wayyyyy toooo cute - Jenny!!! Looks like you are doing better...so happy for ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, this made me bust out laughing. I love chickens, had them as pets due to a brother with allergies. She is adorable. I love the nice Spring colors you chose. You must be feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow, I'm feeling like that chicken this morning... wonderful job on the "hill"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jenny, I LOVE this. The colors are just awesome and that image is just too cute. I can see why you love it. I really do like that color combo. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog, I am loving yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hilarious card!! Love that chicken! Thank you for your comment on my blog!!! Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a funny hen! Made me chuckle! The best kind of card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Jenny, I can see why you want to grab them. Love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv the springy colors and she sure is cute too!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the whimsical image, and I love the way you colored it even more! Wonderful with the background colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, JENNY! the colors are perfect and those tiny bitty flowers look great! Your coloring is AMAZING on this image (grass is fab)- and the layering makes image pop! very nice!

    ReplyDelete