Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do you smell Carrots?

OK... slowly I am returning to human. Not quite there yet...but getting there! I so appreciate the well wishes and comments from everyone... forgive me if I didn't always respond back to you this past week. I'm getting back in the swing of everything! I have not left my house in 7 days! Seven days! No stamps in my hand for 6 days! Six Days! Back to work in the morning for me... probably a mountain of work waiting for me! I'll tote my cough drops and hot tea and get to it, happy to join the real world again!
Now on to the card.... How cute are these little bunnies!! They are Hula Bunnies created by Stamp La Jolla. They have these bunnies in all sorts of funny scenes... check out the whole collection of Hula Bunnies. Sorry if I just helped money fly out of your wallet! But they are pretty cute! I used my Nesties to create a window for my bunnies and then trimmed out the ears so they would pop out from the window. The sunglasses have crystal lacquer over them... for the full Hula Bunny "coolness" effect! I thought this sentiment from TCP matched up well with them... cause they kind of look like they are in serious conversation, and what's more serious than carrots are to rabbits? I used my gel pen for the white hatch marks around the card, and pricked holes in between the little marks. Little bow, ribbons and bunny head brad to finish it up. Final card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Bunnies out of the Box by Stamp La Jolla, Sentiments by TCP
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Pink, Navy, DP by Basic Grey "Marrakech" Collection
  • Other: Bunny Brad, Copics, Crystal Lacquer, White Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Misc Pink Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Paper Piercer, Spellbinder's Labels Small

10 comments:

  1. Glad to have you up and around Jenny! Sounds like you had one bad bug! This card is just darn funny and cute as a bugs ear LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny it sounds like you got a nasty bug :( but happy to hear you are breaking away from it! And what a comeback card you made, the colors on this card work so great together; that PP just pop along with your coloring and cutting of thos cute bunnies.. they look FUN :) And of course, the ribbon and taht cute bow finish it off the card very nicely... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feelin' better! Love those bunnies and what you did with them. Gotta get me some of that Marrakech paper. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad your feeling better
    this card is just adorable
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better! It's so hard to get back into the swing of things, but if anybody can do it, you can! I love your card! I am inspired everyday reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - these bunnies definitely have a "men in black" kind of Joe Cool with the shades thing goin' on! I thought the carrots comment was part of the bunny stamp, it goes so perfectly! The Marrakech collection certainly is inspiring your carrot-related creations! Love how the colors all work together, and awesome coloring job on those cool bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color combo. Love the bunnies. The "stitching" sets it all off. Glad your back!

    ue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, this is awesome! This card is so cute and I love your sense of humour! Thank you for sharing!
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay!! LOVE this card and the hilarious rabbits!! Too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a trio of funny little cuties!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete