Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cruisin' in a Carrot Car

I don't even know what to say about this card-- it just makes me laugh. It's bright and bold and totally funny to me. The paper is from Basic Grey's Marrakech Collection. Loving this collection. On all the Nestie Shapes ---I left them in the die and airbrushed blue around the edges, then outlined with a pen to get my border before removing the paper from the die. I hand trimmed borders on the images. I added little eyelets to the wheels of the carrot cruiser. White gel pen dots and some ribbon to complete the card. Finished card is an A2. Oh yeah -- Please note that I did not use a Martha Punch on this card... trying to break the addiction.

12 comments:

  1. this card made me smile love the colors you used and like the ribbon too cute
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the paper, the design, and the colors all seem made for each other. I also love the way you use labels one dies on point - they make very cool diamonds, but you are the only designer I see using them that way! The outlining of the nesties really changes the look from classic elegance to Mod, which suits the carrot car and the "Jetsons" shape of the dog! I am dating myself - you do remember the Jetsons, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What????? NO Martha punch? Are you sick or something? But then again -- wherever would you have put it? GREAT card! I laughed as soon as I spied it without even reading your comments. You are so imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! This is just way too cute.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Jen, I love the Cat in his Crusin' Carrot. Excellent choice of papers, colors and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on this card, Jenny. The image is so cute and I love your airbrushing and dots around the edge of the Nestie. That paper is awesome too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling image and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very NICE! it looks PERFECT! The colors all work so great together; love how you turned the die as you did... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a totally cool card Jenny! I love it. You're doing wonders with that BG paper collection and the way you coloured that nestie die cut has left me breathless! Awesome work.
    Hugs, Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...this is truly amazing! I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest card! I love that the color combo is something different from the typical Easter pastels too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete