Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Christmas in March

I am SICK and feeling pretty rotten. I have been in the bed all weekend, what a waste. YUK. So I'm sharing a card I made a few weeks ago. I made this card as part of trio of Holiday cards that I submitted, they accepted one for publication, but this one was REJECTED! It happens! I used to submit a good bit, always a thrill to see your card and name in print! For the past two years I really stopped sending stuff in. So that was a goal for 2009 to start submitting again.
This card is a combination of simple elements put together. I used a Cuttlebug Folder to emboss the Snowflakes for the left strip, then a 1/8" inch Ivory strip to cover the seam between the kraft and gold paper. The gold strip was embossed and cut with a Spellbinder's Borderabilities die. The Holiday words were gold embossed and cut out using Spellbinder's Double Edged Tags. I tucked a little ribbon in between the legs of the brad prior to pushing it through the paper. The snowflakes were also gold embossed and then I used circle punches to cut out the image and one gold circle to layer. Some crystals to finish the card. Final card size is an A2.
You guys left me the best comments-- which were great to read... especially since I was and am not feeling so hot, unless you count hot as feverish! I really appreciate all the Congrats on the OCC -- I am still pinching myself!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Coronado Island: Hope #117801-B, Peace #117808-C, Love #117801-B, Snowflake Sm1 #117822-A
  • Ink: Versamark and Detail Gold EP
  • Paper: DP by Anna Griffin, Ivory, Kraft, Gold
  • Other: Spellbinder's Borderabilities Die, Spellbinder's Double End Tags, Circle Punches, Crystals, Cuttlebug Snowflake Folder, Misc Ribbon, Gold Brads

12 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm so sorry you're feeling unwell, Jenny. Here's wishing you some spam noodle soup goodness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't imagine why this was rejected - it's beautiful! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They rejected this one?! Are they nuts?! This is beautiful. I love the snowflakes, the sentiments, the ribbon....all of it. It's awesome. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope tomorrow is much better for you. Congrats on the OCC DT. That's great. I'm not too sure about doodling, so I'll have to ponder this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trick about tucking the ribbon between the legs of the brad before attaching! Rejections don't mean they didn't like the card, it just didn't fit the format of what they were looking for. I think it's gorgeous and I love the non-traditional color scheme. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, i love those tags, hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny :) Sorry to read your not feeling well! I hope you are feeling better soon! Your card is fabulous!! LOVE the gorgeous layout and beautiful colors.

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon
    love the card and the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is gorgeous! Love the muted, non-traditional colors! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well; hope you're back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have so nice card´s. Ilike them all...
    sorry but my english is very smal...
    Du hast so wunderschöne Karten ,ich weiß überhaupt nicht welche schöner ist...

    ganz liebe Grüße aus Oldenburg
    von Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Jenny. Can't believe they did not want to publish it, they must have lousy taste! Hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing even when you are feeling puny! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful. So elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, Hope your feeling better today. This card is gorgeous, I love the monochromatic colours and the gold accents. If this one was rejected I would love to see the ones they decided to print.

    ReplyDelete