Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bits o' Ribbon

Why is that the creativity finally hits Sunday night, when it's time to pack it up and get ready for the new week? Why, I ask you, does anyone know??? How frustrating is that! I made this card for Sharon's Friday Challenge... Stamp Simply #79 - You’ve Been Tabbed! The challenge is all about little bits of ribbon — ribbon TABS that is. Rather than adorning our cards with wrapped ribbon or bows, let’s just use a bit of ribbon and make ribbon tabs — wide, narrow, whatever! I chose to hang some bits of ribbon and also instead of a traditional tab of ribbon, I folded some ribbon over and incorporated it in with the flower. All this paper is from Basic Grey's Eva 6x6 Collection. Once a month I take a Basic Grey kit class with some stamp pals, the Basic Grey kits have really helped me to put patterns and mix papers up. This card is just strips of the Eva papers layered together, I know it's a little much with the patterns and the flower, but I think I like it! And OMG! -- not a Copic used! Finished card is an A2.

Want to start your week off with a chance at some yummy Blog Candy? Head over to Jennifer Meyer's Blog and drop her a comment, she just passed 200,000 visitors and is celebrating with some goodies.... maybe for you!

  • Stamps: Dickinson Quote by Wordsworth/Rubber Soul
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Eva Collection from Basic Grey
  • Other: White 1/16" Rainbow Tape, Scallop Scissors, Silver Eyelets, Misc. Merlot Ribbon, Pink Flower Ribbon, Half Pearls, Misc. Fabric Flower, Spellbinder's Labels Small

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jenny! I love these colours and that sentiment is fab! And those ribbons - how creative, especially intertwined with the flower!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to finish off the BG card - AND use some kit stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and using kit stuff too!! LOVE the sentiment. I will be casing while all my Eva stuff is still out. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the pattern paper is "a little much", I think you got a perfect combination, very well balanced and very pleasing to the eye. And I love all the little ribbon bits, you made a wonderful challenge card, except for the pink, lol. But I won't hold that against you. Great job, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the ribbon tabs, and the ribbon in the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of papers you used, Jenny. Another inspiring work of art from you. My creativity is always best late at night - any night. So you are not alone...

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I love all the fabulous paper layers you have. The ribbon at the bottom is such a beautiful, perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! The ribbons just add to an already perfect card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is TOTALLY darling! I LOVE your creative haning tabs -- how clever is this!!! Fun card with great colors and papers!! WAY to go -- so glad you could play this week!!!

    ReplyDelete