Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wild Eyes

This layout is from Saturday's OCC Sketch Challenge hosted by Laurie Schmidlin . I changed it up a bit, using ovals instead of circles, but the basic layout is still there. I just can't follow the rules perfectly!!! lol! You know I'm a cat person! Well, I love the big cats just as much as the small cats. These cool images are from Coronado Island and the artist is Sandra Jordan, you have to go see her amazing art "turned stamps"... Here is a link to see her Big Cats Collection. Totally amazing detailed images of Big Cats and other Wildlife. I colored Rajah the Tiger with Copics. I roughly airbrushed the background and then went over it with my blender pen to try and make the color not look so even. I used Copics to create the border on the ovals. On the bottom is of course a Martha punch -- cause I can't leave them alone, addicted! I used a White Gel Pen to add some little detail dots. All the Patterned Paper is from Basic Grey's 6x6 "Mellow" Collection. I thought it paired perfectly with the images. A little double bow to finish it off. Card size is an A2.

15 comments:

  1. Is that card really THIRTEEN layers??? Aaarrrrgggghhhhhh - I'm such a slacker using only 4 or 5.
    Amazing card - that and the Boots one - both use colors I would NEVER use - but they are spectacularly beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing love the colors and so many layers
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is beautiful! All those layers, and the beautiful DP's! Your coloring of the big cats is incredible. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME!!! Great job with the challenge and your layers are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy pretty! Very nice coloring job. Thanks for the comment on my card over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! 13 LAYERS! you go girl!!! Beautiful card! those are gorgeous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny this is so gorgeous, so much detail. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you took normally elegant elements (embossed nestabilities, MS border) and changed them into ethnic WOW elements just with the use of color and pattern. Your Copic coloring is fabulous. I just got my first set of Copics - I have a LONG way to go! Gorgeous card! Beautiful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, as usual.
    QK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just amazing as usual!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Jenny, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! You really did a fantastic job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Great layout, and love the DP you used, and your coloring of the big cats is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete