Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What's New Pussycat?

I love these funky little cats! The inspiration for the fun layout was a Sketch Challenge from Jen del Muro. Thanks Jen! So on to the card details... I stamped the kitty and then drew a circle in pencil using a nestie die to trace the edge, then I trimmed the circle leaving the whiskers poking out. I added a few circle layers under the kitty images to help them stand out. The sentiment and the Flourish border I stamped and added a little Light Olive Copic to bring in the green color from my paper. The Flourish Border Tile is one stamp then I sliced it in two pieces using one on top of the card and the other on the bottom edge. I used a little strip of black Rainbow tape to help define the edge of the border. Some little black sticky dot embellishments and a little bow....Done. Finished card size is an A2.
Stop by Coronado's site as they have their weekly Spectacular Sunday sale... some fun kitty images on sale! Sale prices are only good until 10:00 AM on Monday!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Coronado Island -Three Tile Border #1516-E, Kitty Three #1192, Kitty One #1194, Whats New #1289Dx
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: White, Dark Green, All DP is from SU's Urban Oasis Collection
  • Other: Copics. Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Black Sticky Dots, Misc. Ribbon, Black 1/16" Rainbow Tape

6 comments:

  1. I really like these cats too--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would be a great "man card" the colors are perfect...but I don't think they would appreciate the detail on the cat whiskers etc LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card! And the stamps - I feel the urge to spend coming on (LOL).
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, that is toooooooo adorable.
    Love it, love it, love it.
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cats are the BEST. Love it and your color choices. Miriam

    ReplyDelete