Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet Birthday

What can I say... The PINK aliens invaded again. And this was the result. I am not sure why I feel compelled to use every piece of Basic Grey's Two Scoops Collection. Honestly they are not "my colors" at all. It is hard to tell that from the number of pastel and pink cards I have made lately! Here are the details... The cupcake bottoms are paper pieced.... I thought that color looked just like those paper cupcake wrappers. I trimmed the cupcake image out using Nesties and airbrushed with a little yellow. I used a little glitter and crystal lacquer on the icing. The sentiment tag is also airbrushed pink (Copic Heath). I made the little doodles while the tag was still in the die, then edged it with a yellow Copic. I tied off some taffeta ribbon on the tag edges and popped a little bow on the top of the card to finish. Even though there is an over abundance of "pastel, pinky, yellow, girly, glitter" going on, I think I like it! Finished card size is an A2. Click on the close up for a better look.

  • Stamps: Cupcakes by Impression Obsession, Sweet Birthday Script by Savvy Stamps #945D
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic White, All DP is by Basic Grey 6x6 Two Scoops Collection
  • Other: Crystal Lacquer, Glitter Glue, Fine Tip Black Pen, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles, Spellbinder's Double Ended Tags, Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Corner Punches by SU, 1/16" White Rainbow Tape, Copics/ABS

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I must say, for these not being "your colors", you've certainly made them look fabulous! I may have to case this one... FYI - I got my Kitty Kat Pack, and am going to play later! I'll probably go through some of your other posts to get ideas for Sprinkle, etc... Thanks for all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I'm not big on the pastels either, but this one is nice - it reminds me of a vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is fabulous. I love your clever idea of paper piecing the wrappers to look like real paper wrappers. These look soooo yummy. I love the colors, I really do. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez you've been busy this weekend!
    Luv your style and another great card!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. another pretty card love the soft colors
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it and I'm not a fan of yellow! The colors are perfect with girly cupcakes! Could this one be for Claudia?! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How did you get the ribbon to go all fondant like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out great, Jenny. Yum! Yum!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love these colors. Such a pretty card! Love that cute little cupcake image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful card Jenny, Love all the different elements.

    Susan Joyce
    Cat's Ink Corporated

    ReplyDelete
  11. just catching up on all the wonderful blog entries I have missed this week...love the softness of this card!

    ReplyDelete