Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

She was good with rope...

I guess I was feeling a little country today! All of the paper is from Basic Grey's 6x6 Collection "Scarlet's Letter". I paper pieced the top half of the boots and colored the shoe portions with Copics, they are cut out and popped on the oval. I used red line tape and then wrapped the rope around my panels, that red line is miracle tape - it hold anything and everything! The bottom little scallop is the Martha lace punch that I can not seem to stop from using on everything... but it seemed too lacy for the card, so I trimmed the bottom scallop off, leaving just a small scallop edge. Some little adhesive stars and a little rope bow to finish it off. Card is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Lockhart; Boots #2057, Sentiment #10021
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: All DP is by Basic Grey 6x6 "Scarlet's letter" Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Ivory
  • Other: Corner Punch, Hemp Twine, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Cuttlebug Textiles Folder, Adhesive Gold Stars, Black Micro Pen, Martha Lace Edge Punch

11 comments:

  1. So, in addition to taking some days off to play, you have to post a blog entry so we will feel even worse? Bad Bitch, Bad Bitch!!!!
    QKK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you come up with your ideas?
    Another awesome card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! The stars and scallop are the perfect accessories! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so nice love how you did the boots and the rope and your coloring is great
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...I come from a big Rodeo town...this would be a big hit here...love the trick with the scallop punch too...I thought you had found a new Martha punch I had never seen LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Jenny! Love those boots and the whole rope idea. Very clever and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first thought was, there's that punch again, then I thought, wait, that's a different punch...thanks for 'splaining!! Love the rope, the paper piecing and the coloring on dem boots - very nice! And the saying cracks me up...oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, love the image, LOVE the sentiment! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to comment on this card since you first posted it - better late than never, right? I was giggling before I even clicked over from my email update to the actual post, just from the title! My maternal grandmother was VERY cowgirl (I even have one of her spurs!), and I really like Western stuff. The paper-pieced boots are fabulous, and I love all the twine - great card!

    ReplyDelete