Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rabbit and Ribbon!

This Saturday's OCC Challenge was to use your favorite embellishment and design your card around it. I picked ribbon! I know it's a bit early for Easter cards, but I have had this carrot ribbon for almost a year.... and I've been waiting to use it! This is Rabbit and Carrot image is from Dog Gone Stamps. I stamped my image and masked it using Eclipse Tape and airbrushed a little orange on the background. I colored Mr. Rabbit with Copics and of course added some Spica Sparkle to the Carrot. I cut the main image out using Spellbinder's Labels One then hand cut the additional layers. The Ribbons I threaded through the legs of the brad and then poked the brad through the paper. On the bow I pulled the bow tails down through the ribbon slots on the Spellbinder's Ribbon Tags and then wrapped around the card.

  • Stamps: Rabbit and Carrot by Dog Gone Stamps, Sentiment from Mike's Dollar Bin
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Green DP by SU, Misc. Orange Specialty Paper, Curious Cryogen White
  • Other: Carrot Ribbon, Spellbinder's Labels One, Spellbinder's Ribbon Tags, Silver Brads, White Gel Pen, Copics, Orange Spica

10 comments:

  1. he is hilarious! Great color job and I love that ribbon too! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* You're the best! What a ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, what a hoot! This rabbit is perfect for that ribbon. I love how you pulled the ribbon tails through the tag. Great job on your coloring and airbrushing. Wonderful all around card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT card...I so love cards with carrots LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that rabbit and of course your card
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny he is so cute isn't he? I have him but haven't inked him up, he really seems to have an attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sabrina aka okimom2girlzFebruary 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

    Oh my goodness. How fun is this card?

    That ribbon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just darling Jenny! What a cute image and your ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun and cute - Jenny!!! The ribbon and the image are a perfect match!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I adore how you've worked that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete