Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a Journey

So it's Friday again and time for Sharon's Challenge.... this week it is Stamp Simply #73 - Let’s Get Negative! You can do this challenge by using negative images of punches or die cuts OR by using a negative image, or reversed out, stamp.

I think my entry is a little lame, cause I could not think of doing anything else after seeing Sharon's elegant example, using the negative from a Nestie to create a window... well, this is all I could come up with. It is a good man card and it was simple. I thought the frames in the image mimicked the Nestie Label design. I created the window using Spellbinder's Large Labels and popped the inside image so that it sat inside the Label's window. I stamped on Curious Cryogen White Paper and Airbrushed using a Copic Putty Marker. I added some metal and pearl accents to finish it off. Click on the pics for a better view. Card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: Life is a Journey by Inkadinkado #90997-O
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Black Card stock, All other DP is is from the Urban Oasis Collection by SU
  • Other: Metal Accents, Copics/ABS, Fine Tip Black Pen, Pearls, Spellbinder's Large Labels

6 comments:

  1. Sabrina aka okimom2girlz @ SCSFebruary 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM

    Wow, this is one stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you got a card made and posted today! Love the use of Urban Oasis!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You nailed this challenge perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jenny another stunner.... I love everything about this one, I always struggle when it comes to doing the cards for the males.
    Fabulous DP...my DH would love this one he's huge aeroplane fan...so much so we call him Biggles!!!....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What clean classic lines this card has, the anal side of me just loves it. Great guy card.

    ReplyDelete