Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sizzlin' Hot Sprinkle!

I seem to be having the paper inspire the stamping on my recent cards. I got behind this week with posts so this card works for two challenges this week... First challenge is this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge hosted by Carole Burrage who supplied us with a cool sketch, which I flipped upside down, cause you know I just can't follow all the rules! And second is the Sharon's Stamp Simply #76 - Cabin Fever! - to make a card or project that will bring some signs of spring, new life, fresh air and warmer temps to those of us still cooped up inside. I thought a cook out theme worked for this. I cut my Background paper to highlight particular words and paper pieced them using the sketch layout. Sprinkle is popped up on a layering of Spellbinder's Ovals. I Used Copics on Sprinkle, did a little airbrushing and some doodles. Finished card is 5 1/2" Square.

7 comments:

  1. Heehee, that sprinkle is always good for a grin =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funky card Jenny! I love the colours, the paper, the layout - its' fab!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card love the colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE, cute, cute. Love the colors too. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS CUTE! Love all the elements and the pp that fit the theme perfectly! Congrats on being the March Swanky Stamper! Well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Now, not only am I looking for Spring flowers...I want a barbeque! Yummmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paper, Jen, and perfect accents! Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete