Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Giraffe says BLOG CANDY!

That's right--- time for some BLOG CANDY as in FREE STAMPS!
Dog Gone Stamps has provided five stamps for me to put up for grabs. They are on the way to me now.... so I'm not sure which images they are, but if you have been to visit the Dog Gone Stamps site, then you know they have some really fun images! All you need to do is leave me a comment below this post for a chance to win. I'll use my usual "picking system" of letting the husband draw a name from a bag (while I again, try and explain what Blog Candy is). Leave a comment by Friday at midnight, winner to be posted Saturday.

And of course, this sly eyed Giraffe image is from Dog Gone Stamps. I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copics. Everything else on the card is just layers and ribbon. Seriously, I am going to have to take this Martha lace edge punch to my office and leave it for awhile so I can give it a rest, I reach for it with every card! The ribbon corners were a result of some stray ink! Finished card size is 7 1/4" x 4 1/4".
  • Stamps: Giraffe by DGS, Just Because by Savvy Stamps #947C
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, DP by Basic Grey, Black, Brown
  • Other: Ribbon by SU, Copics, Fine Tip Black Pen, Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch, Black Rainbow Tape 1/16" Width, Buttons, Hemp Twine

29 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Sly-eyed, indeed... either that, or something a little more smoky. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now this is cute love the rose in the mouth and of course your card as usual
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your method of selection! I also love your blog. You provide such great inspiration for us. Thanks! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about that, but I was having a hard time typing. What I wanted to say was, that the card is absolutely stunning. The coloring is out of this world.

    TFS your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at their online catalog. Clearly, they have a wonderful sense of humor! I hope one of the stamps is the holiday-valentine Sun & Moon - I LOVE that stamp (and want to WIN it - pick me, pick me)! And their dog stamps are awesome - clearly drawn by someone who really understands the dog personality! I too have a MS punch I need to put away - the arches border punch! Cute camel and a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my favorite cards come from "stray ink" or some other "issue"! This guy is definitely giving someone the EYE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny, Totally fun & adorable!! Sly old fox (I mean giraffe)LOL. Beautifully done. Wow - Blog Candy, that would be nice.

    Susan Joyce
    Cat's Ink Corporated

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Giraffes! and i love what you did with this one!
    michal.

    michal_rose@walla.co.il

    my blog: http://blog.tapuz.co.il/livroach

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative stamp. The eyes look so real. Love the layering of the lace edge.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute...thanks for a chance to win. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the colors on this card - and the giraffe is adorable. Maybe he'll be part of the blog candy. I use the lace punch a lot too - it just seems to go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like his realistic eyelashes! The rose 'makes' the image. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  14. new to your blog, found you on SCS, I think I am hooked on you now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He put a smile on my face as soon as I saw him! Luv what you did with him - you are truly talented girlfriend!

    Peace and much Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!! Hw ia adorable. I also love that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is soooo cute! That giraffe is either sly-eyed, or totally twitterpated! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card, Jen. Don't you just love that face. If you draw my name, throw it back and pick another. I just wanted to leave a comment. Love the ribbon corners, a happy accident. Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card. Thanks for offering the blog candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's one seductive-looking giraffe! Great card - I absolutely love your fresh & funky designs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, Love that giraffe's eyes - cute card. I read your blog every day and love your work. Thanks for sharing and offering the blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the giraffe is just adorable! love her look. their stamps are so much fun. love your art/enjoy your blog. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute! Sure does look like this giraffe is batting it's eyelashes... Great coloring.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous stamp - the giraffe is one of my most favourite animals! Beautifully done. Thanks for the chance to win some candy! :)
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jenny:
    I love your giraffe, Love all the details you added too. I never thought of giraffe's as sexy before this stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Love the colors and your coloring. I am so in love with border punches right now! Thanks for offering some blog candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love to win. You do some great work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love this Giraffe! You make the coolest cards and I hope I win one of your give away stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Giraffe is so cute and you do some fantastic artwork with your stamping. I hope I am lucky enough to win one of the giveaway stamps.

    ReplyDelete