Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Couple of Cupcakes

A couple of cupcakes... I still had the same colors on my desk from the TCP Color Challenge, so I used them again for this card. I pulled the layout from Jen del Muro's Saturday Sketch "SFYTT" (Sketch for you to try). I enlarged some of the elements and flipped it to a vertical card, but the basic elements are all there. The cupcakes are from TCP. They are a clear stamp of three cupcakes that I stamped multiple times on Curious Cryogen White. I colored with Copics and airbrushed a hint of pink in the background. I used TWO Martha border punches... addicted to those things! The sparkle is a mixture of ultra fine glitter and crystal lacquer -- dries smooth and shiny with sparkle. I like using the ultra fine glitter, it will not get "chunky" looking when dry. Some pearls and a bow to finish. The ribbon was white and I used a Copic to color it to match my cupcakes. Card size is an A2. Click on the pictures to enlarge for a closer look.

13 comments:

  1. Another great card and now I know what SFYTT means LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com)February 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM

    OMG!! THIS IS SOOOOO CUTE!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! (yes, I am screaming!)
    Hugs-Jd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! Lots of cupcakes!!! Too cute and love the glitter. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Love all those little cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty love the valance at the top and those cupcakes
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a beautiful card. Love the colors, and I do so appreciate everything that went into this to make it absolutely yummy. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, what a beautiful card! Love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Jen. Not pink enough to make me Aack, lol. Your coloring and airbrush work is perfection and I love how you used the SFYTT sketch to such an advantage. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMY -- LOVE all those cupcakes -- so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A BIG "WOW" sent your way! Love how yous stamp the cupcakes for your own background paper, nice touch with the ribbon too (so perfectly tied :)). Also like the embossing and use of lacy edge punch! Overall A VERY GREAT LOOKING CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colors and a great layout I'll have to try!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A deliciously yummy card, Jenny. Question, to color the ribbon, did you actually color it directly with the marker or airbrush it?

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the funnest cupcake card EVER! I usually think they're cute, but wouldn't necessarily make one even remotely similar, but I'm totally CASEing this one! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete