Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bird and Branches

Here's my card for Jen del Muro's Saturday SFYTT "Sketch for you to Try". I liked this sketch and the card came together quickly, always a bonus! I think my all time favorite color combo is Red, Black and White. I think it is so striking. I had been wanting to use this cool Tree Branch stamp for awhile and I finally got some ink on it today! It comes with leaves to stamp on the branches as well, but I wanted to keep it with my three colors and chose to not add the leaves. So very simple stamping, I used a touch of Red to color the bird and I used my Copic N1 to add a little subtle shading under the branches. Finished card size is an A2. Click on the pics for a close up view.

17 comments:

  1. Very nice, love the colors. It has an Asian feel to it - that I like! I like the shading around the branches too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jenny! I love the colours and it's a spectacular sketch. Great job.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very striking! I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and its not pink, lol. Very elegant, I too love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red & blk also and really like the way you did the saying in the circles
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card. Such a stunning image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice design Jenny, Love the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love, LOVE it! Because a friend of mine loves black, red and white, I've learned it's a fantastic color combo. Now why don't I use it??? Back to my craft table tonight.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love what you did with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous. It looks really classy and elegant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love red, black and white. The bird and branch image is perfect, and that's a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an elegant card, Jenny! I love this color combo, and am drawn to Asian/Oriental things - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just GORGEOUS!!! Fabulous colours, beautiful image and I love how you did the sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it and the PP paper is just beautiful. I'll have to pull mine out and use it! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  15. jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com)February 26, 2009 at 8:08 PM

    love love love how you did the sentiment and all your other details are just FAB! thanks for playing!! hugs-jd

    ReplyDelete