Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby Buggy

Today's OCC Challenge was to use a fun sketch provided by Laurie Schmidlin. I love this old fashioned Baby Buggy stamp! I stamped everything in in Memento Rich Cocoa. I used a Pink Copic to airbrush some color around the buggy and used the chisel end to highlight the word "Baby" on the circle tag. I sponged some ink around the edges of the Nesties too. All the DP on this card is from Basic Grey's new collection "Porcelain". I made the little stitch marks around my Nesties while they were still in the die, using the die as a guide for my pen tip, then popped them out and pricked holes in between the penned stitch marks. I just cleaned up my tool area last night -- and found some things that had made the way to the bottom of the barrel... like my paper pricker, out of sight, out of mind for sure! Along the bottom is yet another Martha Stewart border punch.... my collection grows out of control with those punches. A little bow, some pearls and crystals to complete this girly girly card. Finsihed card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Impression Obsession #CL131 Baby
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey 6x6 Collection "Porcelain", Pink, White, Brown
  • Other: Pearls, Crystals, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Classic Ovals, Spellbinder's Petite Circles, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Misc. Ribbon, Pre-made Small Bow, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Paper Piercer Tool

11 comments:

  1. Love what you paired that pretty stamp with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this stamp and your card is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty, Jenny! I love pink and brown together - it always looks so feminine - and I'm a sucker for vintage...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jenny! This was one SU set I wanted and did not get :( I just LOVE the elegant design and beautiful detail, WOW!

    Thanks for playing along with the OCC, you did an amazing job on the sketch!!
    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, vintage looking card! Love that buggy image. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I adore the image and the colour tones you've used are just so beautifully soft for this project.
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I just found your blog through the Cats Pajamas websites. I've been looking through all your older posts and all your cards are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Card! Beautiful color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Jenny. I love the buggy image, and your airbrushing is lovely. Thanks for the heads up on the challenge. I think I'll try to get in on these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny, This card is so pretty, absoulutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete