Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Au Fleur

This image is from Coronado Island and is one of the many stamps featured in today's Sunday Spectacular Sale . The sale price is valid until 10:00 am on Monday and you can buy it mounted or unmounted. I had fun with this card. I just got the new Basic Grey "Porcelain" collection of papers and thought it pair well with this floral image. The flowers were kind of open so I thought they might be good for paper piecing. I used two different sheets of the Basic Grey to stamp and cut out the flowers. All of the colors coordinate in the collection and I think they worked perfect for this image. I airbrushed some soft pink around the edges of the Nesites. To get the thin edge layers on the Nesties I just hand cut some in the same shape. On the vase, I tried to give it some extra texture so this is what I did; I used my "Putty" Copic marker to color, then I used my Blender pen to kind of dab here and there removing color randomly, and last I used a Clear Glaze pen to give it a little shine. Click on the pic for a better view. Added a big old bow to finish it off! Finished card size is 5 3/4" Square.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Coronado Island; Au Fleur #0390-I, Thank You Script #1305-B
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All DP by Basic Grey 6x6 "Porcelain" Collection, Brown Card Stock, Pink Card Stock, Curious Cryogen White
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Spellbinder's Labels One, Clear Glaze Pen, Copics/ABS, Fine Tip Black Pen, Pearls

8 comments:

  1. I love this card. The colors are great and I like the texture on the vase. But I really want to know how you tied that bow!! I LOVE the way you have tacked down the tails - so stylized and classical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty love the soft colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny is the Bow Queen... =) Lovely, of course--interetsing paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the labels turned that direction....very pretty stamp and card! It was good to see you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Jenny. Love the details - from the paper piecing all the way out to the doodles along the outside edge. I like the speckled vase, too.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card...I so love how you did the ribbon on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ribbon detail is da-bomb!!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! Love the new BG paper, and your bows are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete