Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Valentine's Words

This card looks like more work than it is.... It is all very simple stamping and layers, that's all there is! I started out with the 4x4 red dot square of paper and the three squares... and built the card from there-- I will start with a few elements and arrange and re-arrange and rearrange until I find a layout that I like. I love this Martha Lace Edge punch -- the white paper I used is 80# and it punched right through - no problem or raggy edges. Why can't all the border punched work as nice as these? The "Hugs and Kisses" and the bottom Square with the Hearts are popped up with Foam tape. Finished card size is 6x5.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions; "Hugs and Kisses Stencil: # 1215-G, "Live, Laugh, Love" #3108-J, #1203-F, "Happy Valentine's Day" # 1203-F
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red bu SU
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red DP by SU, White, Black
  • Other: Nesties, Martha Stewart Lace Doiley Edge Punch, Riding Hood Red Ribbon by SU, Crystals, Double Heart Brad

6 comments:

  1. I don't particularly enjoy making Valentine cards because I can never make them elegant enough. This is a very elegant lovely card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that background stamp and can never use them nicely. I think this a very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny

    Love your card and those double hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another pretty card love the idea of all the words
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is beautiful. I am so jealous that you have this incredible talent for putting design elements together and coming up with these beautiful cards. I guess I should just stick to scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Classic red and white Valentine card - I love it.

    ReplyDelete