Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stork and Bundle of Boy

My last card was so pink, I felt I needed to go the other way and do a boy theme. I stamped the stork on white and masked him with Eclipse tape. Then I used torn pieces of eclipse tape and air brushed the sky, to TRY to make it look like clouds. I only used one color of blue to airbrush. I would continue to reposition the eclipse masks as I airbrushed, making the blues lighter and deeper in areas. The clouds were inspired by my Blog Friend, Sandy Hulsart, who does amazing stamped scenes and captures clouds and nature perfectly in her stamping. A few weeks ago she posted a Video Tutorial on Scene Stamping, it included a segment about how she makes clouds, using a torn paper towel as a mask. The video is fantastic and Sandy gives excellent instruction. This card did not use the paper towel technique, but using a mask made from Eclipse tape was also a suggestion from Sandy. So my thanks to Sandy.... who inspired! I think the rest of the card is pretty self explanatory... little double blue bow and some buttons to finish. Done. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions: It's a Boy #1816-E, Stork and Bundle #4318-K
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark and White Detail EP
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stripes and Plaid DP by DCWV Nursery Stack, Misc. Blue Card Stock
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Buttons, Nesties, Copics/ABS, Eclipse Tape

5 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Love the different patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is the cutest love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent clouds, Jen. You do me proud. I am glad I inspired you to try the technique and with spectacular results. Adorable card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great clouds and color combo! Miriam

    ReplyDelete