Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick Sprinkle

Poor little Sprinkle... sick, sick, sick. My husband who has been sick for the past three days with a terrible cold came in my craft room (spreading his germs around) and said... "I must be the inspiration for that card" ...to his credit he said that before I added the jewels on the collar. Actually, the inspiration was from the TCP TUESDAY #43 - SKETCH CHALLENGE hosted by Leigh O'Brien... please follow the challenge link above and go see her awesome sample card; she made a fabulous card using Gamsol and Colored Pencils on Kraft paper! The paper I used on my card is from Stampin Up's new Parisian Breeze Specialty Collection. I airbrushed and added my little doodles while my paper was still in the Nestie oval die with a little blue Copic. The bedspread is paper pieced and everything else I colored with Copics. And of course, Sprinkle always wants a little sparkle -- so I finished it off with some teeeensy crystals for her collar and a little bow below. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: SU's Parisian Breeze Specialty, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Chocolate Chip
  • Other: Chocolate Poly Twill Ribbon by SU, White Brads, Cuttlebug Folder, Scallop Edge Scissors, Crystals by Fuji, Fine Tip Brown Micro Pen

10 comments:

  1. We won't say anything to hubby...LOL This would be a great card for a sick man tho...love the sentiment I can't wait to get my hand on the new DP from SU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Jenny! I just love the combo of blue and brown together! Beautifully coloured.
    Hope your DH gets over his 'man cold' quickly, lol!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a steady hand and sharp eyes you must have... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too cute love the bedspread and the doodling wow
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Sorry to hear Anthony has the crud. Tim and I still have it....no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice! Love the Parisian paper and nothing beats a TCP cat! She even gets dressed up with a little bling when she's sick! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card!! Why do guys have to always think it's about them huh?!! LOL! Hope he feels better soon tho!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute and classy, Jenny. Your colors are a great blend and that image is great. What a fun stamp set. I'll have to check into it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty design and nice colours Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww....poor Sprinkle. This is perfect and I love how you turned the sketch. Great, great job, Jenny. Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete