Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Prince Charming

I am excited to share this card with you, as it the first card I have made for the Design Team of a new company Dog Gone Stamps. A simple doodle of the beloved family dogs sparked the idea and the stamps were made. I just found them and fell in love with the quirky and fun images. Cruise over to the site and have a look! Be sure to check out this Halloween Cat!
Sharon's challenge today worked perfect for me to play along using my new stamps: Stamp Simply #72 - LOVE is in the Air! I stamped the heart border first, masked it and then stamped Prince Charming behind the hearts. I cut the entire image out with a Nestie but then trimmed the one side around the heart border. I airbrushed lightly with a dark pink Copic around the edges and used Copics to color, a few hearts are paper pieced and I used a rub on "LOVE" word over one of the hearts. This paper is new from Stampin' Up... "Raspberry Tart". I colored the crown using a gold and silver gel pens.
If you like this image, be sure to check out DogGoneStamps, they have lots more great ones. Also check out fellow Design Team member Sandy's awesome Mi Amore Giraffe card.
  • Stamps: All from Dog Gone Stamps: Toad King, Heart Border
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Raspberry Tart DP from SU
  • Other: Spellbinder's Labels One, Copics, Crystals, Pearls, Ribbon by SU, Rub On by SU, Gold and Silver Gel Pen by Pentel

16 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is gorgeous. Your shading on the frog is perfect, even he has bedroom eyes, lol. Love how you used the heart border on the card, everything about it is perfect. Aren't these images just the best for coloring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go check them out...I love the chubby witch cat! Cute card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! Your coloring is just gorgeous. I'm on my way to check out those stamps right now.

    I'm very new to stamping, and I was wondering if you could tell me how you masked the hearts in order to stamp the frog behind them. I haven't figured out how to do that and it's pretty obviously brilliant at it! Could you offer some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this card is fantastic. What an image! It's fabulous. I'll have to check this company out. This frog is too much, and your coloring and layout are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ribbon touch! Great idea. BUT HOW did you color the crown?? Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love what you did with this frog and heart corner! The paper piecing on the hearts is wonderful! I will add you to my bloglist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, aren't you becoming the design team queen! Cute card and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this? Jenny your card is SO cute, LOVE the fun frog and design!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I had the same thought about this guy! Awesome coloring job.... I can only aspire to be so good....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the paper piecing on the hearts and the frog is quite a prince, they way you colored him.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so darling -- that frog just gets me!!! LOL!!! Love your bright and fun design -- so glad you could play -- thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this - especially the way you used the heart border with the frog. Gorgeous job on coloring!

    ReplyDelete