Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Sweet Drink

Sandy... put the phone down, I know you were picking it up to call the Pink Police! So much pink lately, what can I say. You know how some cards just come right together, easy as pie... this was not one of those. I had to leave it and then come back with some fresh eyes... but I like it in the end, despite the over use of pink. I stamped the image and airbrushed using Dark Pink while my die cut was still snug in the nestie to get the white border. My DP was so busy I refrained from my usual doodles around the edges, it was hard. Same for the "Ooh la la" little tag. Really for all the struggles this card gave me looking at it now it is just some paper strips and layers and a lot of ribbon strings. Around the glass rim it has little xoxoxoxox markings... so for the o's I used this little "Pink Dot Sparklers" from Stampendous. Just a a bunch of sparkly little adhesive dots. Was it tedious to put them on... I used the tip of my craft knife to pick them up and place them, and YES it was, they are teeeeeny. I would breathe and blow the dot off the end of my craft knife....as I was two inches from the paper trying to see with my blind as a bat eyes. After all things were threaded and stuck down I added some crystal lacquer to make it look like glass over the margarita glass and the pink portion of the tag. Finished card is 5 1/2' square. Click on the close up pics to enlarge for a better look.
  • Stamps: Margarita Glass by Impression Obsession's Funky Heart Set # CL161, "Ooh la la" by A Muse #9-8050B
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red by SU
  • Paper: Dot Paper by Basic Grey from the 6x6 Bittersweet Collection, Riding Hood Red, Misc. Pink Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Gold Metallic Card Stock
  • Other: Copics, Nesties, Cuttlebug Folder, Dot Sparklers by Stampendous, Spicas, Gold Eyelets, Crystal Lacquer, Misc. Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Pink is not my favorite either--but this is a *fab* card, Jenny! Really came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never too much pink LOL this card is so nice love everything about it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la, indeed! Such a a cute card. Love the details added with all the little gems.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love it!! I'll admit I'm a pink fan. But the layout is great and all the different textures. I really like the stamp too. This close to valentine's day you are free to go a little pink crazy- :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaccckkk (that is the noise a cat makes when he has a furball) All this pink causes that reaction. I will be glad when you move on to another color, lol. But this is a great card and despite the pink, quite sedate for you. I love your description of all the trials you went through to create it. You should definitely send an email copy to Impression Obsession because it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you didn't trash it when you wanted to. Good for you for coming back to it later and producing a Fabulous PINK CARD! What's wrong with lots of pink on a valentine???? LOVE IT!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete