Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Mouse Babies

House Mouse.... babies. They are cute, aren't they! So here's the scoop.... This weekend my Krafty Kat pals all took a Basic Grey class together, and although this is not specifically one of the cards we made it is in the same family of what we did. The Basic Grey Kit we were given was from the Two Scoops collection and we made several cards by cutting up paper differently and layering it together. This was a good class for me as I don't often seem to be able to put multiple patterns together.... although I try, I don't have a knack for it! After doing a few of the provided layouts, I mixed and matched and this is what I ended up with. I added some rub ons on the bottom and on the tag, some lace, some holes with my Japanese Screw Punch, little stitch marks with my White Signo Pen, Some Basic Grey Chipboard embellishments.... I went from pink to pastels... The image I lightly airbrushed with a light green while in my Nestie die, just to take some white away, not necessarily add color, then colored everyone with Copics. I have to say Pre-Copic I was not a House Mouse fan.... but they are so fun to color, some of them I just can't resist.
  • Stamps: House Mouse Babies by Stampabilities
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All DP from Basic Grey 6x6 Two Scoops Collection, White
  • Other: Rub Ons by SU, Half Pearls, Nesties, Basic Grey Brad, Copics/ABS, Misc. Lace, White Signo Pen, Mini Scallop Scissors, Japanese Screw Punch

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, such a cute card! I love the choices you made in combining the patterns. Can't quite figure out what you did on the bottom scalloped edge that you used the screw punch on. Maybe I'll get to see this one IRL!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    This is delightful, I love all your different elements. You pay so much attention to detail. I don't think you needed a class to achieve this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Jenny, love how you incorporated some of the stuff we did in the class. Just the other day I was looking at those little plastic pacifier charms you gave me a while back - they would be cute paired with this stamp.

    Really cute! You did good! Especially for a Moon Pie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely adorable, second only to the duckies on wheels. See, you do great with coordinating papers! Especially for a Moon Pie!!! heeeeeee.
    Loves from the Queen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards always amaze me - this is certainly one of my favorites! I love House Mouse (but don't have this one - hmmmm!) The DP is gorgeous and I love all the special details. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you using our leftover paper. I did too! GREAT baby card. Love all of it! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the most charming baby cards I've ever seen. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete